Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Help Us Find Our Winnebago!

We just sold our 42' sailboat, looking for our land yacht.

We're Motivated Florida buyers looking for 2003-2006 well-maintained Winnebago Journey or Itasca Meridian 36 or 34 foot diesel pusher coach. One or two owner with service history.

PM me with contact info & we'll call.

Hope this is not too
hanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I see several of those models in our Classifieds - majority are Itascas (although Suncruisers). Have you tried there?

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

DP is a great way to go. I would avoid basement on the slides. We had a '05 Vectra and the slides were a problem. As full-timers we have with us about all we own. The model year '11 started the floor plan we have. We love it. The residential refrigerator is a real plus. For you, the drawback might be the 40' length. Not all municipal parks or COE parks are equipped to handle this size. But, basement space is great and the interior is great for full-timing. The only complaints that are often expressed with the newer Winnebago/Itasca coaches is quality control and noise air conditioning. We have had a few issues but each one I have been able to resolve myself.

I found this coach by simply searching the web for a 2011 40U. Found this rig in Fort Myers, FL. Drove 1200 mi from the Dallas area to get it. It was worth the trip.

Happy trails to you and I hope you find the coach that fits your needs.

Rick
Old 05-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Here you go - far price, new tires - buy it - drive it.

http://bit.ly/1fGcwjv

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:44 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanks View Post
We just sold our 42' sailboat, looking for our land yacht.

We're Motivated Florida buyers looking for 2003-2006 well-maintained Winnebago Journey or Itasca Meridian 36 or 34 foot diesel pusher coach. One or two owner with service history.

PM me with contact info & we'll call.

Hope this is not too
Here's ten Journeys, all with less than 25,000 miles.
New and Used Winnebago Journey Class A For Sale On RV Trader

Here's one Meridian with less than 25,000 miles:
New and Used Itasca MERIDIAN Class A For Sale On RV Trader
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:53 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Couple things to think about.

Private sale will likely be cheaper but will come "as is". Pay the man, sign the papers and any problems are now yours.

RV Dealer will be more expensive but you can likely negotiate a short warranty period. Good if you plan to use the coach right away to identify issues. A reputable dealer is a must.

If you have a choice between two similar units and a choice between private and dealer you will have to make a value decision regarding which path to choose. In an optimal world the dealer price would be less than the private sale. "Yes Virginia . . . . ."
Old 05-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks

Thanks to those who responded so far. We are aware of the price differences between dealers & individual owners. What we haven't found in the first month is a dealer or owner with real maintenance documentation. We have encountered more than one dealer who never let the facts get in the way of a good story. One nationally known dealer actually mounted a new windshield in a totally-rotted Winny frame and delivered the coach to the new owner.

Main concern is poor oil change maintenance or long storage periods that leads to big problems with the turbo HEUI C7 Cat (high pressure pump/injectors). Related problems with the Cummings, especially the turbo. The typical dealer-written warranties exclude a lot (i.e. fouling of the injectors from a high-pressure pump meltdown). Oil samples are useless because the first (usually the only) thing a dealer does is change the oil! Try mentioning an ECM download or a cylinder cutout test to a salesman and watch his/her reaction.

We have a simple criterion - we want to see chassis service records dating back to the in-service date of the coach either from the original or second owner. No problem with owner maintenance, just have the data.

We'll find the right coach, but it may take a while In the meantime, I'll be getting lots of great information from this outstanding group!
hanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:53 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Good luck with your acquisition.

Wave as you go past. We will recognize you from the big grin in your new coach.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:02 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

This one may have some potential: It looks immaculate, has manuals and original build out sheet and looks to have been stored inside. Also upgraded floor and Euro at the computer table. 18,900 miles Good chance he has maintenance records.

2006 Winnebago Journey 36sg, Hollywood FL - 111955199 - RVTrader.com
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago