Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2019, 07:33 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Harvest Host

I am considering joining this organization; does anyone have any experience with it.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:50 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Not as many results here at Winnie Owners but checkout these from iRV2;

https://www.google.com/search?q=%27h...earch=irv2.com
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:47 AM   #3
Site Team

We're members and generally like it. We've only used HH to stay overnight twice. Both times have been good. We did renew after our first year. The only reason we don't stay at HH locations more is that they tend to be off the main highways - and we always seem to be on those roads.

We've only overnighted at Walmart once, as well. We generally stay at RV Parks every day of every trip and we travel with full reservations for each day.

If you "wing it" more and travel without a tight time schedule or campground reservations you might use it a lot more.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

We became members 12/2018. We often take visiting friends wine tasting in Elgin, AZ. Sonoita Vineyards would let us spend a day or two in their pasture. Sonoita told us about Harvest Hosts when they partnered with HH.

The concept is right up our traveling alley. But you have to join on faith. You can't view the partners list/map until you join. (You have to vote for it to see what's in it) We've had poor luck with their website. Can't print mbrshp cards. Site just sends you round and round. No #to call. Need to open a service ticket via email. After a week got a response directing us back to the website. Grrrr!!!!

Leaving in a few days for a few months in areas rich with HH partners. Would like to utilize some. Can't. No mbrshp card.

Opened another service ticket. Want my fees returned, or a mbrshp card and user friendly website.

Waiting.........

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:05 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchinahand View Post
Leaving in a few days for a few months in areas rich with HH partners. Would like to utilize some. Can't. No mbrshp card.
Wait. I've never had any issue printing out a membership card on HH. So, after reading your post I went to the site clicked on the Membership card option, clicked on print and bang... out came my membership card.

So, I'm not sure what problem you're having, but it certainly doesn't see to be an issue with their website.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:45 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I am also a member. Have only used the membership once, but it was a great experience. Definitely, a thumbs up!
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:51 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

We have used it several times and would like to use it more. We initially joined as we were traveling in an area where campgrounds were few but there were HH sites along the way. Worked out great for us. We woud like to use it more and I will keep our membership up for few years and see how it goes.

We have never had a problem with their website. We have also gotten answers back when we emailed them. I just went to print my membership card(which I never have had to use) and ha no problems. I would try a different browser and if that doesn't work just take a picture of it and use that.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:33 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Yes, try a different browser. Recent changes to Firefox have caused some things to refuse to print for me, like epayment confirmations from the web. Anything in a graphic box the print dialog refuses to accept for print. Works fine in other browsers like Chrome so definitely something zonky in the Firefox changes. This seems to have happened in the past 30-45 days since all worked well before. Slowly Firefox is loosing it's glory - like streaming video bumps cpu up to 100% now while Chrome runs the exact same stream, same resolution at 20% cpu on the same machine.
Kayak73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:33 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Thanks to all for the responses and the heads up on Firefox - though I havent had a problem yet - I am hoping that the HH will be a good way to overnight on long trips across the country.....we usually do a 2 month trip from Ohio to Texas, New Mexico and Arizona in August and September and I don't fancy Wally World or Pilot for overnights.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:23 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

If you are going to grouse about something (as I did), and folks offer good suggestions, the honorable thing is to circle back around with your new experiences.

As stated earlier, we have had high expectations for this concept since first we learned of it. We have now been able to print mbrshp cards and have printed a list of all the possible sites near our spring trip route. Stayed at two SoAZ vineyard sites last Thurs and Fri.

Kayak73 likely has good insight, but I believe there is other complicating factors.

Our 'net access suite (to coin a phrase) consists of a lap top running Windows 10, two iPads and two Samsung 9's (android). Preferred browser for the laptop and two Samsungs is FireFox.

Altho it is still a clumsy website, we can access it and use the trip planner feature (which is really nice) and print "stuff" from our laptop with FF as browser.

Opening the app using our ipads and Samsungs gets us into the site, asks us to log in, takes us to the homepage, clicking on menu asks us to login again which takes you back to the homepage. No where in that loop is an option to print anything, trip plan etc.

Accessing the homepage using Safari (ipad) and FF (Samsung) delivers us into that same frustrating fruitless loop. Chrome no better.

So, we will have to carry our laptop, and trip plan/change where there is wifi. Be nice to let 4G carry the load while we are underway.

When HH finally responds to my service ticket, hopefully they can explain where we are going wrong with our iPads and Samsungs.

Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:43 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

FYI - I know Harvest Hosts is in the process of changing/updating their website. Access has been hit or miss the past couple of days. I was finally able to login today, but there are still some hiccups.
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 04:31 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Harvest Host Usage

We like to stay at a HH about every third day when traveling. Haven’t had a bad stop yet. A lot of interesting places such as BB King Museum, Alpaca farms, and of course wineries! Stop doing Walmart etc.
CGLAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 04:37 PM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

We joined in Jan 2019 used twice, both were great experiences, Summercrush - Ft Pierce, FL & Bootlegging Distillery - Yahala, FL., We love concept and have reservations for our trip out west this summer.
TOM & Mary Kelly
Port Charlotte, FL.
Tom Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 04:53 PM   #14
Winnebago Watcher

Love Harvest Hosts!

I have been a member for the past two years and love it. I have stayed at two different wineries and a brewery in Pennsylvania over the past two years and each time it was excellent.

The company was recently acquired and they are now including golf resorts as an option. Their new website is better than the old one and it is easy to navigate.

I highly recommend it.
LarryLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:18 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Also highly recommend. Use this link for a 15% discount. I get a $15 referral bonus which I will happily donate to the National Parks Foundation. http://harvesthosts.refr.cc/michaelstern
rv kayakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:04 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

I highly recommend HH. We have stayed at 19 hosts over the last year on the road. We have met exceptional hosts and enjoyed some spectacular locations. We are friends with some of our hosts as well. The reviews and photos on their site are good. I always review and leave information on access for larger rigs. Google earth is good to use for the layout too. We renewed our membership and plan to stay at more HH locations this year.
CMR DJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:50 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Are they located just out west or all around the country? We camp mostly in the East and Southeast.
Andy
ExBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:02 AM   #18
Winnie-Wise

If yu go to the website and look under Host Locations there is a rough map of where hosts are located, if you add on golf courses there are a lot more.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 05-21-2019, 02:15 PM   #19
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchinahand View Post
We became members 12/2018. We often take visiting friends wine tasting in Elgin, AZ. Sonoita Vineyards would let us spend a day or two in their pasture. Sonoita told us about Harvest Hosts when they partnered with HH.

The concept is right up our traveling alley. But you have to join on faith. You can't view the partners list/map until you join. (You have to vote for it to see what's in it) We've had poor luck with their website. Can't print mbrshp cards. Site just sends you round and round. No #to call. Need to open a service ticket via email. After a week got a response directing us back to the website. Grrrr!!!!

Opened another service ticket. Want my fees returned, or a mbrshp card and user friendly website.

Waiting.........

This might be a problem with your browser. Try using a different browser like Firefox or Chrome.
Geolev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:02 PM   #20
Winnie-Wise

FYI-I have never been asked for a membership card.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y