Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

The rear hangers on the compartments on the big slide broke on my way to NM. I'm not sure why because I try not to over load them! I wired them up & made the last 600 miles OK! If there is a weight limit, what is it? I can't be over 200 lbs? Also the low oil pressure alarm came on climbing a mountain pass. I called Workhorse & they said to have it checked! I knew I was over 4000 RPMs & the alarm went off after I backed off the throttle. I did a search on the Workhorse forum & found that the oil pressure reading goes to zero if you go over 4600 RPMs. That is the red line on 8.1. Now why couldn't Workhorse have told me that on my call?
Old 11-01-2006, 12:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The rear hangers on the compartments on the big slide broke on my way to NM. I'm not sure why because I try not to over load them! I wired them up & made the last 600 miles OK! If there is a weight limit, what is it? I can't be over 200 lbs? Also the low oil pressure alarm came on climbing a mountain pass. I called Workhorse & they said to have it checked! I knew I was over 4000 RPMs & the alarm went off after I backed off the throttle. I did a search on the Workhorse forum & found that the oil pressure reading goes to zero if you go over 4600 RPMs. That is the red line on 8.1. Now why couldn't Workhorse have told me that on my call?
Old 11-01-2006, 04:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

what are hanger? is that what holds the compartment?
taylor h. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

On each slide there are hangers that look like bolts made of cast aluminum. The front part of compartments are attached very good. The front part was all that was holding my compartments up for hundreds of miles!
Old 11-02-2006, 02:37 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Dave, can you get us a picture of what was broken (and your repair)? I don't understand where the problem really is, although it does sound like something's wrong.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:37 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Do mean you lose oil pressure at 4600rpm? I had mine at 4600 several time in the Rocky Mts and I never noticed any loss of oil pressure.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:48 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

The hangers as you call them broke on my 2000 35U. I think there are a lot of MH's out there with broken hangers, the owners just don't know it. I replaced my broken hangers with bolts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave from MN:
The rear hangers on the compartments on the big slide broke on my way to NM. I'm not sure why because I try not to over load them! I wired them up & made the last 600 miles OK! If there is a weight limit, what is it? I can't be over 200 lbs? Also the low oil pressure alarm came on climbing a mountain pass. I called Workhorse & they said to have it checked! I knew I was over 4000 RPMs & the alarm went off after I backed off the throttle. I did a search on the Workhorse forum & found that the oil pressure reading goes to zero if you go over 4600 RPMs. That is the red line on 8.1. Now why couldn't Workhorse have told me that on my call? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2000 Itasca 35U
N8XV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:14 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

You don't lose oil pressure, just the gauge goes to zero bringing in the alarm. I know I have had it at 4600 before but never had the alarm. At 46000 you would be at max oil pressure. If you to the Workhorse forum & do a search on oil pressure, you can find the post.
I would put a picture of the hangers if I knew how to do it. You can see one easly with the slide out. Go to the rear of the slide & look at the slide. You will see a bolt like thing going down from the actual slide & hooking to the rear of the compartments.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:24 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave from MN:
The rear hangers on the compartments on the big slide broke on my way to NM. I'm not sure why because I try not to over load them! I wired them up & made the last 600 miles OK! If there is a weight limit, what is it? I can't be over 200 lbs? ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Winnebago customer service told me the limit was 300 pounds in the StorMor compartment. I have carried almost 300 pounds for 26,000 miles with no problems - yet.