Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Great Winnebago Factory Service

I just want to report that Bev and I are very pleased with our service last week at the factory. This summer we purchased a used 2005 Itasca Horizon. We had several issues that we felt needed expert attention to make it road worthy meeting our expectations. We made an appointment for Oct 24 that was expected to last 3 days. We traveled over to Forest City on Sunday the 23rd and spent the night in one of their customer parking spaces.

At 7 AM Monday we were met by Mike Hamson, Customer Service Technical Adviser, who went over our list of service requests. He was very professional and thorough in his evaluation. That was followed by Shawn out Tech who once again went through our concerns out in the coach. We decided to leave the coach there and travel home and return when we got the call it was ready for pickup. We received a call on Tuesday from Winnebago that they found we were missing a heat shield on the exhaust pipe designed to keep excess heat away from the transmission. We were told it would take three days to get as they did not stock that part. On Thursday we received a call that they found a leaking ride level air control valve and it would need replacing. On Friday we were called and told we could pick it up on the following Monday.

On Monday Oct 31 we went to pick up the Horizon. The coach was driven to the parking lot by Shawn who once again went through everything that was wrong and what he did to repair it.

Bottom line is we highly recommend Winnebago Factory Service. The Horizon and Bev are now ready to roll.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:34 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

My experience with the factory service has been very positive also. I especially liked the technician that did the work reviewing all he did with me. Boy, that sure builds confidence. I've been spoiled by Winnebago......and I love it!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I too have had factory service performed and met with Mike. I will agree they are very professional but have had occasion to question the quality of their "craftsmanship". The heat shield and air bag leak sound like Freightliner issues to me. I would have preferred to take my coach to Gaffney, S.C. to have that work performed there. Hope it works out for you.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Ditto all the favorable comments on Winnebago's customer service -- outstanding in all aspects!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

A most completely opposite experience than I had.

Good for you.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickBBD View Post
I too have had factory service performed and met with Mike. I will agree they are very professional but have had occasion to question the quality of their "craftsmanship". The heat shield and air bag leak sound like Freightliner issues to me. I would have preferred to take my coach to Gaffney, S.C. to have that work performed there. Hope it works out for you.
I agree with you on service at Gaffney however Winnebago Industries is a listed Freightliner Service facility. I suspect they are a Oasis repair facility. They have trained Freightliner service personnel. They adjusted the ride hight on my Horizon to Freightliner specs. They also replaced the leaking control valve and all is well. It was a no brainer for me because it was there for other service and I believe they did their work well.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Hi,
I agree with all that stated they are happy with Winnebago service. I as well am happy with their service and the great way we were treated. I have been back to the factory for warranty work and for non-warranty work and everything was done to my satisfaction.

If I ever decided to purchase another motorhome it definitely would be a Winnebago!

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, winnebago