Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We just completed a three day stay at the factory in Forest City getting a variety of minor issues taken care of. I wanted to let everyone know that Winnebago service is a class act! Everyone was knowledgeable, polite, and a pleasure to work with.

We found that their estimate of time required for the work was right on and are delighted with the quality of work. This experience once again confirms our decision to buy the Winnebago coach.

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We just completed a three day stay at the factory in Forest City getting a variety of minor issues taken care of. I wanted to let everyone know that Winnebago service is a class act! Everyone was knowledgeable, polite, and a pleasure to work with.

We found that their estimate of time required for the work was right on and are delighted with the quality of work. This experience once again confirms our decision to buy the Winnebago coach.

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
Old 09-11-2008, 04:41 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Rick - exactly our experiences three different times up there Glad you had the same good report!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hey Rick, you have the dog named Cody? I'm the one with the MINI.

We're still here, but the problems are not from Winnebago. The service techs are knowledgeable and helpful, it's just the interface with vendors where things break down. But with any luck, we'll be out tomorrow!
AprilWhine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I'll second that!
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:18 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rv rick:
We just completed a three day stay at the factory in Forest City getting a variety of minor issues taken care of. I wanted to let everyone know that Winnebago service is a class act! Everyone was knowledgeable, polite, and a pleasure to work with. .... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for taking the time to post this information. It is good to hear. All to often we find it easy to complain when things aren't right and fail to report when things go well.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:33 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Hi Don and Bev, hope all is well.

We too had a great experience when we were there last year and had work done. Super people, very knowledgeable, fair price, and one thing to note, may not be much to some, but, that was the first time I had been able to see my coach "moving" from behind. (When they took it around back) It's really a great lookin coach!!

Too bad they got rid of the bargin store, I cleaned up when we were there with pieces and parts.

We will be attending the GNR in 09 Don, so hope ta see ya all there, if the good Lords willin and the creek don't rise!!

Later ya all,
2002 W-22 266"wb, Winnebago Chieftain 39T, UltraPower, Koni's, Helwig bars, Nuvi 660, Sirius, Scan Gauge II, Sentry TM. 2003 LW300 Saturn toad, Sterling towbar & Apollo brake. And Hannah the Princess and Stevie the Dude!
Daysu47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:17 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

What a cool forum this is! We got to meet lots of wonderful folks at the Winnebago service area while we were there (and yes, Cody is our pup!) -- including the folks towing the Mini Cooper. The Cooper looks like it would fit just perfectly behind our Tour!

As an aside -- we had had problems with our Norcold fridge (tended to heat up) and Norcold could not seem to fix it. The Winnebago techs said "We know what is wrong" and installed a baffle about a foot above the fridge base to direct the air over the coils. Works like a champ!

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
Old 09-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Well, we're still here.

The two remaining problems on our RV were the Kwikee jacks and the Splendide W/D. It took a week, but Kwikee and Winnebago reached a solution.

The W/D however is still not working. We're going back for the fourth attempt at repair tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:31 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Not only does winn give good cust support at the fac, they will back up there product where ever it is. I will never buy anyting else
Old 09-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I agree with that!

And now, we're finally outtahere! As I said before, the things Winnebago built were fixed right the first time. And for the problems we had with Kwikee and Splendide, I'm very happy Winnebago interfaced to get the problems resolved.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:22 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

AprilWhine

Glad to hear you made it back on the road and that your service was successful. We really enjoyed meeting you when we crossed paths at Forest City and loved the Mini!

I wish I could get the kind of service Winnebago provides on other things I own. Imagine if your could find a knowledgeable, caring service reps who show up on time, are polite and knowledgeable!

2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
Old 09-19-2008, 02:47 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

This thread should be a sticky, to allow an ongoing testimonial of Winnebago factory service.

It's been very interesting being here for so long. Watching the problems roll in and the fixed coaches roll out gives me confidence. I'll buy my next RV at Lichtsinn again and any major repairs will be done here at the factory.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:59 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

I could not agree more. Living only 135 miles from the factory and Lichtsinn Motors that will be my combination next time around.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:26 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

If I buy again it will be through Lichtsinn motors and use their service or factory service. I hate the drive up to F/C. I love the feeling of coming out of the factory with the work done right,complete and clean. I have spent so much time and fuel running around to local dealers and still end up going to Winnebago.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote