Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Floorplan liveability

My wife and I are currently looking at purchasing a class A motorhome. If we buy new, Winnebago Adventurer is on the top of our list. I was leaning towards the 37F with the bath and a half until I saw that the mattress slides up the wall when closed do to the opposing slides in the bedroom. I also like the 35P and 35Z. With that said, could anyone who owns or who has seen these floorplans in person please chime in. The local dealership only has a 32H and I want at least a 35'.
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
TBI
Winnebago Camper

I have an Itasca Sunrise 35L which is no longer available, similar to the Winnebago Voyage. The 37F is a nice floor plan. I like the king bed for it's 80" length. I also like the euro chair where some floor plans only have a sofa for seating. I would like to have had the option to get a dining table instead of the booth.
TBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Hi HH:

One of things I REALLY like in a coach is having a three seater couch and a two seater love seat accross from it. Nice seating arrangement. Seats 5 adults, then two more in driver & shotgun chairs, then two more in dining booth if necessary.

And I do use the dining booth as a small bed for the grand kids, or one adult, so that out weighs the table option. That means I can sleep 5 adults in the coach.

Regards... Jim P.
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

It's hard to just look from pictures alone, so I feel your pain as someone who is also looking and going through the same thing! (see my other post started today comparing this to a an entry gasser).

I have seen a 37F in person. Actually, the bed on the 37F is on a mechanism that moves it from flat/sleep position, all the way up to that position you see in the pictures. You can stop it at any point you want, and lay on it that way.

I actually laid on top of it in the "full up" position (like to watch TV) and it was quite comfortable. Think something like those old Craftmatic adjustable bed commercials, except that only the "head" part of the bed moves up and down (not the "feet") part.

The bed needs to be in the "fully up" position when traveling and will come close to the opposite full wall dressers when the slide is taken in (you can't access the back bathroom without crawling over the bed). However, you can access the 1/2 bath up front with no problems in travel mode. (A must for me for the obvious reasons, LOL!).

Also nice that I noticed is that in travel mode, the couch up front is not closed off from your driver/passenger area, so whomever is sitting there feels like they're right there with you driving. Some of the others closed up are more separate from driver/passenger. In other words, you feel more "together" in the 37f setup, conversationally, as well as with a good view out the front windshield.

Have also not yet seen a 35P or 35Z in person.....

Hope this helps a little!
go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

We are really enjoying the layout and comfortable livability of the 2009 Itasca Suncruiser 35P
:-)

regards, pdq
(peter)
pdq_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

The 38J is fantastic if you can find one
Old 07-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

One of the members of our FMCA chapter have the Adventurer with the 38N floor plan and it is really nice. The living area with the slides out is really spacious just like sitting in a S/B living room which is great for entertaining, etc. Can't say I would like the extra toilet past the bedroom as I have heard there are some problems with the connection running from the back to the black water tank. I looked at the seek preview for the 2011 models and they do not show the 38N in the 2011 models. The only floor plans they show for 2011 are the 32H, 36P, and the 37F. So good luck and happy hunting!
Jackhal1949 is offline   Reply With Quote