Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2004, 05:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Our 04 Horizon AD has the dishwasher option. The F&P unit is a drawer type and if you fail to use the unit for a few days while traveling you get additional water inside that builds up and gets a little smelly. If your parked there is some water, which is normal in the unit, but there is no buildup.
I talked to Winnebago and they are lookig into a check valve.
Anyone else notice this?
hogbreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 05:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Our 04 Horizon AD has the dishwasher option. The F&P unit is a drawer type and if you fail to use the unit for a few days while traveling you get additional water inside that builds up and gets a little smelly. If your parked there is some water, which is normal in the unit, but there is no buildup.
I talked to Winnebago and they are lookig into a check valve.
Anyone else notice this?
Old 12-13-2004, 06:06 PM   #3
cwg
Winnebago Camper

We have the same coach and same dishwasher -- and have experienced the same problem of water slightly filling in the tub when not used. My dealer had a service rep from Fisher-Paykel come onsite who supposedly fixed it last week and says the reason was the way the drain was installed at the factory allows water to reverse flow and that he expects all to do it if Winnebago does not change their installation. (I have a friend who has the same unit and his does not fill, but he uses his dishwasher often.)I do not and put it in for when I resell the unit as I try and put most options in the coach.

I will be glad to hear if Winnebago comes out with a check valve to remedy the situation.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:42 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

CWG,
We have the same problem in our Vectra 40AD. Did the Fisher-Paykel service rep explain what he did to fix the water problem? We are on the road and won't be back near our dealer for months. I'd like to go to a local FP dealer and get it fixed quickly. Thanks.

2004 Vectra 40AD
VectraDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 04:10 AM   #5
cwg
Winnebago Camper

Don,

I can't provide specific information as I was not present when the dishwasher service rep came to the dealership. They only told me that the drain was improperly installed at the factory--I understood that he somehow rerouted the hoses so as not to allow backflow. Everything stated to me was secondhand and you know how that can be lost in transmission! Good luck and maybe the service man will be pretty sharp and figure out the correction. CWG
Old 01-08-2005, 01:52 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I looked at the drain setup and noticed all the hose Winne used to connect from the F&P to the sink. I rerouted the line bought some new fittings and attempted to make the drain a continous run upto the sink. Make sure to leave enough slack to accomodate retracting the slide. No water in F&P since.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:46 PM   #7
cwg
Winnebago Camper

Went back to the dealership this afternoon to inquire as to what the Fisher-Paykel rep did and refresh my memory. The technician said it was a problem of Winnebago's, in that the routing of the lines is improper and that they thought everyone would have a problem if all are installed the same way at the factory. It sounds as though Hogbreth has figured out a better solution than Winnebago.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:53 AM   #8

Fisher-Paykel has installation instructions on their web site. Find your model and click on the "Installation" under Other Material. You should find what you are looking for there. Also you can use a link on this page to find a dealer.

Fisher-Paykel USA Dishdrawer Comparison Page
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 06:27 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

MORE INFO ON THIS PROBLEM: The problem is that the drainage hose installation by Winnebago is incorrect resulting in sink waste water backing into the dishwasher. Since the sink water can have liquid detergents in it, those detergents will get into the dishwasher and cause the unit to NOT SEAL properly. You get a fault code and the door will not lock. We had to put a heavy box in front of ours so it wouldn't slide open while driving. You can clean the top seal thoroughly and get it to work again. But the problem is not solved. My unit is back with my dealer now ... see what happens. Good luck to all. The F/P is a great dishwasher. I hope Winnebago finds a good solution for us.

2004 Vectra 40AD
VectraDon is offline   Reply With Quote