Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2005, 11:07 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
My 05 Journey manual shows a picture what looks like a ShurFlo extreme strainer on the inlet side of the pump and directions for regularly cleaning it. However, there is no strainer on my coach's pump.

Before I call Winnebago Service Administration to find out what the deal is I'd like to hear from others if they actually have one or not.

I understand that many Itasca's come with an upgraded ShurFlo smart sensor pumps that include the strainer as well as I've seen references which indicate Vectra's may have come with it standard too. So I guess I'm just asking other 04/05 Journey owners what they have.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 11:07 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

My 05 Journey manual shows a picture what looks like a ShurFlo extreme strainer on the inlet side of the pump and directions for regularly cleaning it. However, there is no strainer on my coach's pump.

Before I call Winnebago Service Administration to find out what the deal is I'd like to hear from others if they actually have one or not.

I understand that many Itasca's come with an upgraded ShurFlo smart sensor pumps that include the strainer as well as I've seen references which indicate Vectra's may have come with it standard too. So I guess I'm just asking other 04/05 Journey owners what they have.

Old 08-17-2005, 01:27 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Jon,

Mine came with the "regular" ShurFlo pump AND strainer. I have replaced them with the sensor pump and extreme strainer. Much improved flow, but still a bit noisy since I used the 90 degree elbows that were used in the factory install. I understand that if you call ShurFlo, they will provide straight inlet/outlet couplers. Glad you started this topic because I had forgotten to follow through on that. Even as it is, it provides a great shower. I'd just like to quiet it down a bit and I understand that the straight couplers and about 18" of flexible hose makes a big difference.

I'd reccommend that you don't even bother with Winnie and the strainer. Go ahead and spring for the extreme filter and 5.7 pump. The price is a bit daunting, but you'll find it money well spent...
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 04:38 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

And it's on sale right now at CW.

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?skunum=24425&src=FPOS

03 Horizon 39QD
Rick Buddrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 07:57 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

It's just wierd. I don't even have the basic stainer installed.

I'm thinking about upgrading like you guys so I'll probalby just not bother with this "missing item".

For sure I'll get the ShurFlo "quiet" kit which is the flexible lines. I'll remember to order the strainer too since it comes separately.

Thanks.

Old 08-17-2005, 09:38 PM   #6

OR get an inline gasoline plastic filter-when the flow goes down-replace the filter....I have used Fram G-2's for all those type of filter needs-buy them by the box and use the screw clamps.....fuel-water-w/w fluid-air to the water tank inlet-nearly anything I can protect with a filter and available anywhere...Walmart to auto parts store...anyday of the week....geofkaye
Old 08-18-2005, 06:38 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

In 2005 the Shurflo Extreme pump with strainer is standard on the Itasca line. It is not available on the Winne line. One of the differences between the two.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote