Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Factory Service Center

Just finished a visit to Forest City for a bit of warranty work. Can't say enough about the fantastic service here. Also, I noticed that those without an appointment were seen fairly quickly after their arrival. Thursday and Friday are slower days than the beginning of the week. This place is a little out of the way for many, but for me it was well worth the trip.
F117plt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I'm headed there for the first time on Sunday for a Monday appointment. Did you end up camping in the visitor center? I think my serivce will take longer than one day. Did you have a toad or what did you do during the day?
murphy55378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

There are 6 or 7 30 amp outlets on the edge of the Service Center Parking lot. There are more at the visitor center across the street and up the hill.

There is a multi RV potable water fill station and dump station in the city park right along US 69
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy55378 View Post
I'm headed there for the first time on Sunday for a Monday appointment. Did you end up camping in the visitor center? I think my serivce will take longer than one day. Did you have a toad or what did you do during the day?
See you there Sunday evening. We have a quick burping H2O pump to be looked at on our way to FMCA. This time of year, I would hope top be at the WIT Center for overnight. Toads are not a problem. Drive to Mason City, Clear Lake, or better yet explore Forest City. The customer waiting room is a nice place to meet new fellow Winnebago owners.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by skigramp View Post
There are 6 or 7 30 amp outlets on the edge of the Service Center Parking lot. There are more at the visitor center across the street and up the hill.

There is a multi RV potable water fill station and dump station in the city park right along US 69
Those power pedestals are now 50 amp
Old 06-08-2013, 04:35 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy55378 View Post
I parked at the service center. I made my appointment 6 months ago and I was sent a camping permit to put on my windshield. No problem if you don't have a permit, they will give you one when you arrive. There is plenty of parking for your toad. Your coach will go into the service center each day at 7am and be out by 330pm. Not much to do in Forest City. There are two factory tours each day at 9am and 1pm. I was here two days. We went to Mason City one day for some shopping.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghutch View Post
See you there Sunday evening. We have a quick burping H2O pump to be looked at on our way to FMCA. This time of year, I would hope top be at the WIT Center for overnight. Toads are not a problem. Drive to Mason City, Clear Lake, or better yet explore Forest City. The customer waiting room is a nice place to meet new fellow Winnebago owners.
See you there. Winnebago Vista 35F red and tan body paint!
murphy55378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

If you have a hankering for ribs, prime rib or the like a trip to Thompson some 17 or so miles a visit to the Branding Iron is worth it. Lots of 9 hole golf courses in the area and a visit to the Surf Ballroom, in Clear Lake where Buudy Holley had his last performance is nostalgic. Lots of antique stores and other interesting things to see and do in the area. I would describe Forest City as a sophisticated cow town. Hope I can make one more trip there.

Don G. WIT 70041
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

may be a silly question but, do they work on "out of warranty" coaches at the service center? We are having trouble getting help with our basement A/C issues, called a nearby dealership who recommended a residential A/C guy who wants to keep the coach for several days and he refuses to do mobile service on an RV plus he has no availability for us to stay in the coach while the work is being done.

I realize the repairs will be on my dime but it would be convenient if they could do it there.

Phil
workinrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Sure do. Maybe call ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinrvers View Post
may be a silly question but, do they work on "out of warranty" coaches at the service center? We are having trouble getting help with our basement A/C issues, called a nearby dealership who recommended a residential A/C guy who wants to keep the coach for several days and he refuses to do mobile service on an RV plus he has no availability for us to stay in the coach while the work is being done.

I realize the repairs will be on my dime but it would be convenient if they could do it there.

Phil
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #11

Go to Sally's in FC for breakfast. Be sure to have a piece of her home made pie. I recommend the lemon meringue. She sells out early so order before you get breakfast. You can also order whole pies and pick them up later.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #12

And if you need groceries or a quick bite visit Bills grocery store right down the road from the factory. If you need to write a check, they ask that you put your WIT number on the check. Very friendly bunch.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

A friend of mine just returned from a visit to Red Bay. When he arrived, 127 coaches were there waiting for service. He waited 5 days for a repair that took 10 minutes. When I was in Forest City, there were not more than 15 coaches there. Thank you Winnebago.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

F117plt,
What a great complement to Winnebago. Thank you for the post. Made my day.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Bill's grocery store also has a food counter in the back of the store with great food and specials each day. They're breakfasts are great, too. We were there all last week and it was pretty pleasant. They let you take your pets into the waiting room. If you ask them to plug your coach in while it's in the shop, they do. Also, if you ask real nice, they will dump you and fill you with water before they bring the coach back to you (but you have to ask for that one).
llmrealestat is offline   Reply With Quote