Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2018, 07:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Extreme Weather Package

Hi,
Can anyone tell me what the Extreme Weather pkg is on the Winnebago TT's includes? I've been doing a search but have not come up with anything.

Todd
Tebpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 08:14 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebpac View Post
Hi,
Can anyone tell me what the Extreme Weather pkg is on the Winnebago TT's includes? I've been doing a search but have not come up with anything.

Todd
Welcome to the forum, Todd.
Please provide us with more information. If you note, I have put all of my stats in my signature so folks will have a better idea how to help me to my specific needs.
One suggestion is to call the Winnebago help line posted in your owners manual. Have your SN handy. I hope they can help you.
Rick
Old 10-20-2018, 10:00 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Hi,

Todd
Hello and welcome. Are you shopping for a new RV? I googled "Winnebago brochure extreme weather" and looked at a few of the brochures. It appears that the extreme weather package is extra insulation, described as "R38 Radiant Technology insulation roof, slide out roof & floor." So you might have to comb through a few brochures to see exactly what the model you are interested in comes with.

Here is a previous thread that might interest you... http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...ge-352154.html
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Jerichorick,
I'm in the process of looking to purchase our first TT. We've been all over the place look at different brands and models and are really liking the Minnie Plus. I'll put my TV into my Sig with other info needed.

SarahW
Thanks for the link and the info. I did check out other brochures as you suggested and found that info. Thank you!
Old 10-21-2018, 08:23 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Jerichorick,
I'm in the process of looking to purchase our first TT. We've been all over the place look at different brands and models and are really liking the Minnie Plus. I'll put my TV into my Sig with other info needed.

SarahW
Thanks for the link and the info. I did check out other brochures as you suggested and found that info. Thank you!
Now I know.
Just a heads up. When you do get it narrowed down, do a very detailed inspection of the TT you plan to tow off the lot BEFORE you put any money on it. Open every cupboard, work every component (all key locks included), look at every fixture, work everything like you mean to, and crawl under the trailer to look at things. Hanging wires and other problems may be spotted that way. If it doesn't look right compare it with a similar unit to see if it is the same. QC is a huge issue. Before you put money on it have everything you see documented and fixed. If the dealer won't do this for you go to another dealer. Find one who will take care of the obvious before you purchase. You will be back, in most cases, with a punch list after you camp the first time. When you have paid for the unit the dealers often drag their feet when warranty issues are to be addressed. "Paying " customers come first.
Have you towed a TT in the past?
Old 10-21-2018, 08:32 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Jerichorick,
Our previous experience has been with a Pop up only. This will be our first TT. I have downloaded several PDI recommendation lists to go over when we finally decide on a purchase. I crawled under the Minnie Plus to look at the axles and leaf springs. Looks better than the GD model we were looking at. I'm currently talking with the one dealer we visited Friday. The one nice thing is another dealer we've been looking at has an area we can camp the first night to make sure all is in working order. I understand the PDI deal. Rule of thumb is to inspect thouroghly before you sign the papers. Planning on buying some Carhart overalls just for the occasion to crawl under the trailer and inspect the roof. I was impressed with the way the one TT was constructed but with some recent threads I have read considering front cap leaks and customer service with Winnebago, I am guardedly optimistic. (about any dealer?/Company)
Old 10-22-2018, 08:27 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Jerichorick,
Our previous experience has been with a Pop up only. This will be our first TT. I have downloaded several PDI recommendation lists to go over when we finally decide on a purchase. I crawled under the Minnie Plus to look at the axles and leaf springs. Looks better than the GD model we were looking at. I'm currently talking with the one dealer we visited Friday. The one nice thing is another dealer we've been looking at has an area we can camp the first night to make sure all is in working order. I understand the PDI deal. Rule of thumb is to inspect thouroghly before you sign the papers. Planning on buying some Carhart overalls just for the occasion to crawl under the trailer and inspect the roof. I was impressed with the way the one TT was constructed but with some recent threads I have read considering front cap leaks and customer service with Winnebago, I am guardedly optimistic. (about any dealer?/Company)
I am so glad that you are doing your homework. Yes. Winnebago has had many QC issues. Rumor has it that they have started to address them. I hope, for your sake, this is true.
Have you considered buying used? In the coach world this is often the best idea because most of the QC and punch list items have been cleared. And you save a ton of money but still get a good rig. I don't know about this practice with TT's.
My first RV was a pop-up. My second a 38' DP. Like the DP's over the pop-up much more. Warmer on cold nights and dryer in the rain.
Look forward to hearing how things go. I like the sound of the dealer who is willing to let you camp out for a trial run.
Happy trails to come.
Rick