Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-10-2019, 05:17 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC1BUD View Post
I could go to an after market auto store and pay less for running boards for my truck and get a 1 year warranty. If I pay very little more, and have it installed when I purchase The truck I get the trucks warranty length on anything installed by the dealer instead of a 1 year warranty for after market.
The point is the esp's are not directly through Winnebago. You can get a better price for the same policy from the same company by doing a little leg work on the computer.
With a new truck or car the Ford (for example) extended warranty is the same plan available from Dealers who sell them discounted online. It's a Ford extended warranty whether you buy it from the Ford Dealer that sold you your truck or a Ford Dealer that sells Ford's esp online for a discount. It's the same Ford warranty.............just at a much better price.
https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/defau...hoCHOoQAvD_BwE
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:07 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

There are some on this forum that believe service contracts are a waste of money. I personally like having a service contract and agree with one of the posts above regarding Eagle Vision RV (www.eaglevisionrv.com). I purchased a service contact through them when my prior service contact of five years expired. I wanted the same service contract (Xtraride) because I have had very good luck with this company in the past and my trusted RV mechanic indicated they are easier to deal with than some of the other service contract companies. Eagle Vision was able to beat my dealership in price by a couple thousand dollars. The transaction process was smooth and gives me peace of mind.

Good luck!
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote