Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-13-2007, 06:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Yes another extended warranty problem. Our backup camera went out, contacted the warranty company, was told to take it in for service, it was covered. Now when the service people contacted the warranty company with an estimate, yes not covered. Has anyone else had issues with this company, I have talked to other Winnie owners that have the same policy and have not used it. I am going to my dealer that sold the policy and see what they have to say. Thanks and be safe.
Billy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:12 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Yes another extended warranty problem. Our backup camera went out, contacted the warranty company, was told to take it in for service, it was covered. Now when the service people contacted the warranty company with an estimate, yes not covered. Has anyone else had issues with this company, I have talked to other Winnie owners that have the same policy and have not used it. I am going to my dealer that sold the policy and see what they have to say. Thanks and be safe.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:22 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

What is th name of the that company so i know not to use them...
peter griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 08:02 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Sorry it is First Extended Warranty service.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:53 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Billy S, HERE is the Denver Better Business Bureau brief report on First Warranty. They get a satisfactory rating which I think is the best.

I read about people that have good luck with extended warranties but I've never meet anyone in real life that has heard anything but "that's not covered". Or as my auto insurance agents claims adjuster says "you've got the WDP inclusion on your policy" (We Don't Pay). Funny guy.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:18 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Reccomendations?? Which extended warranty company provides the best policy and service based on actual claim experience?

I'm still under my new coach policy but looking for something to cover several more years.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:35 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Go to www.warrantyexperts.com They are located out of San Antonio, Texas. They are the best.
TXDrifter165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:39 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I agree TX, we just purchased a 7/100 policy from them. They are backed by some very strong companies.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:35 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

can you tell us what you paid and your deducible?

The last two warranties i purchased...one from warranty gold and the other national warranty both went bankrupt and I never even got a chance to make one claim. I was a sucker...
peter griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

7 yr / 100k mi $100 deductable per visit, not item. $3245.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 04:22 PM   #11
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jestme13:
$3245. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So let me get this right. You are betting $3,245.00 that your 2007 motorhome "is" going to break.

If you loose the insurance company has made a killin' including the odds they give themselves with those "not covered clauses" we're reading about. I had a "Warranty Gold" policy - "Never again!"

We've spoken about extended warranties at length. Take the same $3245.00 US dollars and put it in a high yield savings account, that's what they do, and sit back and wait for something to break "AFTER" you are out of warranty three years from now.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:49 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Warranty Experts give that same money back to you if you do not ever use it, there is no other company does that. Then if there is a problem, most like you will spend more than $3200 for a visit specially with the prices the dealerships charge per hour....Best Warranty....
Don't think that its a warranty, thinks that its insurance. If you ever look at what they cover, they cover more than the majority of the extended warranties that are available. If you don't have it or get it, I am sure you will be telling us on this same forum.
TXDrifter165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:19 PM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

DriVer has it right, it's a lose/lose proposition. The salesman that sold you the policy gets a commission,the dealership gets their cut, then the warranty issuer has their advertising expenses, administrative expenses, operating expenses, warranty payment expenses,etc., then of course, they make a decent profit. So, you as the buyer of the warranty (actually a service contract), stand to get --not much. Sure there are a few winners in the "service contract" lottery, but as a group, you lose.
wazone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:28 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Does it not boil down to how much $$ you are paying for a good 7 year service contract? Instead of $3200 would you buy it for $32. Not just yes (as LBJ used to say), but ****, yes. Would you buy it for $320. Probably. I would. How about $800? Who cares how your premium is divided up as long as you get a good contract at a good price.

Homeowner's insurance is $500 a year, or more, times 7 years means you are paying $3500, about the same as a RV policy. Auto insurance means your vehicle will be fixed after an accident. Another $500 a year down the drain. Umbrella policy? Not worth it until you need it. Maybe you will never need it. More $$ down the drain. EQ insurance? A waste of $$.

If you can afford a contract and like the peace of mind it provides, go for it.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:30 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

I'm with DriVer - put that money in your your bank account and don't touch it unless you need it. There are a lot of horror stories out there about claims being denied - do a search on rv.net for some real eye-openers.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:03 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

I also think it depends on the type of rig you have...how long you plan to keep it and what you are capable of repairing after factory warranties run out.

In my case it's a dp with a Cat 3126E engine.
$529.00 for a (1) fuel injector. There are six.
$1268.00 for an air compressor
$1500.00 for a turbo
$326.00 for a water pump

Just some examples of prices for just engine parts only that will probably need repair after Cat's warranty, then add in chassis, appliances etc.
Then add another 500 bucks just get to the engine that is stuck under my bed then the labor to fix it of well over $100.00 an hour..One diesel engine repair will cover the cost of an extended warranty. Do the math and take your chances or not. JMHO
3huskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:42 AM   #17
Winnebago Watcher

I purchased a policy from Warranty Experts.
Turns out they did not send the policy or money to the unsurance provider. 2 years later when I needed to use the coverage I have none and Warranty Experts claim to have refunded my money,which they did not and connot prove.
Stay away.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TXDrifter165:
Go to www.warrantyexperts.com They are located out of San Antonio, Texas. They are the best. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
KDUNN is offline   Reply With Quote