Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2017, 04:30 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Drivers Door issues

Drivers door on my 2004 Itasca Sunrise has opened on me a number of times while travelling. Have adjusted and lubed with no resolve. Currently tied shut.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and what was the resolve. Heading south from Canada to Arizona in 2 1/2 months and would like to resolve this before then.

Help

Thanks Art
ArtDeCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We've had the door on our coach "pop" open a couple of times. We don't have a Drivers Door, just the one door by the front passenger seat. I never could really find a reason for it happening other than maybe flex of the coach body.
For a cure, we now have it on our check list to turn the deadbolt on the door. Our door cannot "pop open" when the deadbolt is engaged.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:19 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Hmmmmm, interesting. I have a 2004 Sunrise (M30), and have not had the driver's door open on me, but I've only had the rig for about a year and a half. In fact, in order to open mine, I have to push it against the coach (from the outside, or pull it from the inside) to release tension before the latch will operate and even allow me to open.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Door problem may be solved

Thanks for the responses

Took the lock out of the door and soaked it in mineral spirits. Locking tab appeared to have been sticking and lock wasn't properly catching. Lubing didn't seem to cure it but soaking it appears to have resolved the issue. We will know for sure when we take the unit out for a run.

Thx Art
ArtDeCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:05 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

It sounds like the latch isn't fully engaging. You might try adjusting the catch on the jamb - I had to do this when the coach was new - and it's very tight.

I for one really like having a driver door, especially for boat launching and gas stops. [shrug]
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, driver