Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2014, 08:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Smile Done RVing-- Thank you IRV2

Hi All,

Reached the age of a need for for new adventures. Set some roots in Arizona and sold our trusty Winnebago Journey.

We know 80 years is only a number, but DW and I feel it was time. We have traveled to every state [Except H] and enjoyed every second of our RVing experience, so off we go.

Thank you IRV2 and all the wonderful people who have helped and guided us. You are all part of a great organization that makes RVing safer, better and more enjoyable.

Safe travels to all of you and thank you again.

Good Bye.
Pine Tree
pine tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:18 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Thank you for your contributions to us at irv2. We'll keep a light on for you to visit ( frequently we hope ). Happy trails and enjoy whatever you both decide to do.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:20 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Park the Rv and get on the plane and make Hawaii, your right 80 is only a number. Board the Norawegan cruise ship in Honalulu and sail around most all the islands. Oh did I mention they wait on you hand and foot on the ship!

Good luck to you!
Old 03-22-2014, 09:17 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

for your contributions. Because of all of your experiences with RVing have you considered just being a wise contributor? You are retiring from being an active RVer. You still have much to offer this community. Please, don't retire from the forum.

I like the cruse suggestion made to you above. That is something to consider. I know I am!

I hope your new life is as fulfilling as your RV days have been. If you are looking for something to keep you occupied, volunteering in the community is always a great option.

We are heading to Prescott Pines Camp next month. Great place to volunteer.

Many blessings to you.

Rick
Old 03-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #5
Living The Dream

Wow, a tough decision, no doubt. Obviously you are the best judge of when to do that. I hope I'll be as intelligent when the time comes.

Anyway, continue enjoying life and I think that Hawaii suggestion sounds good!

Aloha
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:30 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Enjoy your new adventures!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:38 AM   #7

WOW! another retirement. Hope I reach my 4th one, haaving retired from Aviation, trucking and now trying to retire from farming but had a new Black angus calf born yesterday and they are so cute!! LOL

After buying the farm, found out you could go broke so bought a second farm. Going broke twice as fast and know I'll be twice as happy.
Passin Thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:51 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Nothing quite like knowing your own mind and acting accordingly. I agree an occasional drop in to see what is going on and offering your experience might be an enjoyable thing to do.

Good luck and good health to you for many more years of doing it your way.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Good-by
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Many blessings and new adventures to you.
Debbie
dbt803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

pine tree,

Best wishes for health and happiness for you and your wife.

DW and I hope to be full-timing in about 7 years. Just like you did, I'm looking forward to learning from others inside this wonderful forum for RVers.

I hope you will still find an interest and the time to helping others continue to explore and learn about this lifestyle. You must have so many stories to share with us. I hope to be reading them.
cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Good luck on your next adventure...
Old 03-22-2014, 11:41 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Park the Rv and get on the plane and make Hawaii, your right 80 is only a number. Board the Norawegan cruise ship in Honalulu and sail around most all the islands. Oh did I mention they wait on you hand and foot on the ship!

Good luck to you!
If you decide to go the Cruise route, be careful with Norwegian!! When you book your cruise, MAKE SURE you purchase the trip insurance. The husband and I both had to have surgery (6 days apart from each other) so we had to cancel our cruise. When I called Norwegian to explain our situation we were told "Sorry about that, next time buy the trip insurance". It cost us $1000.00 to cancel that cruise!! Norwegian has no heart and only cares about the money!! I even offered to supply copies of both of our "admit sheets" and we were told "No, that is just our policy. Next time buy the trip insurance".
Like there would actually BE a next time!!! I wouldn't ever give Norwegian another dime of our money!!

If you ever miss RVing Enchanted Trails RV Park in Alburquerque,NM rents vintage RVs already parked at their RV park. All the fun of staying in a RV without the travel or set up! And they are "vintage" so if you are in your 80's it might just bring back some memories of days gone by!!

Good Luck and please keep reading our posts, we might need your expertise!!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:51 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Another adventure! Enjoy!

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 11:52 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Like there would actually BE a next time!!! I wouldn't ever give Norwegian another dime of our money!!
That's pretty unfair to call Norwegian out on a standard practice of the whole travel industry.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:07 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

Good luck in your new adventure being 80 and good health you will have time for many more travels just let someone else do the driving or flying for you.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:13 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Enjoy your new lifestyle, come back and visit any time you wish.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:30 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine tree View Post
Hi All,

Reached the age of a need for for new adventures. Set some roots in Arizona and sold our trusty Winnebago Journey.

We know 80 years is only a number, but DW and I feel it was time. We have traveled to every state [Except H] and enjoyed every second of our RVing experience, so off we go.

Thank you IRV2 and all the wonderful people who have helped and guided us. You are all part of a great organization that makes RVing safer, better and more enjoyable.

Safe travels to all of you and thank you again.

Good Bye.
Pine Tree
Thank you, Pine Tree. A very lovely goodbye post.
F117plt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
If you decide to go the Cruise route, be careful with Norwegian!! When you book your cruise, MAKE SURE you purchase the trip insurance. The husband and I both had to have surgery (6 days apart from each other) so we had to cancel our cruise. When I called Norwegian to explain our situation we were told "Sorry about that, next time buy the trip insurance". It cost us $1000.00 to cancel that cruise!! Norwegian has no heart and only cares about the money!! I even offered to supply copies of both of our "admit sheets" and we were told "No, that is just our policy. Next time buy the trip insurance".

If you ever miss RVing Enchanted Trails RV Park in Alburquerque,NM rents vintage RVs already parked at their RV park. All the fun of staying in a RV without the travel or set up! And they are "vintage" so if you are in your 80's it might just bring back some memories of days gone by!!

Good Luck and please keep reading our posts, we might need your expertise!!
Since you quoted my suggestion on the cruse I'll explane why I even suggested Norweigen over any other cruise line. Norweigen is the only line that has a ship stationed there (Hi), all others depart from other ports outside of Hi and require a 3or 4 day cruise across open and sometime rough water. Yes buy the trip insurance, it will cover lost luggage on flight also, and expenses on missed sailing, ask me how I know!
Old 03-22-2014, 03:36 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenNSteph View Post

That's pretty unfair to call Norwegian out on a standard practice of the whole travel industry.
I don't like Norwegian for other reasons, but this practice is the same for most, if not all, cruise lines.

2014 Allegro 36LA
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rving