Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-12-2006, 04:07 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

I think this is just a case of small town America working together. Forest City is a very small town, I'm sure everyone knows everyone in that town. For this reason I'm willing to bet if someone from Lichtsinn calls Winnebago things get done. The folks at Linhtsinn know who to call at Winnebago for whatever situation they need help with. This may be somewhat true of other RV mfg.'s and dealers located close together. The folks at Linhtsinn's know there product and if you ask a question they don't know the answer to there willing to make a phone call or look it up, not just throw an answer at you and hope your satisfied. Calling them for parts if they don't know what comes with a part they will tell you they don't know but will find out and call you back. They do call back and it's usually only minutes later. Not like many dealers that never call back. There are a lot of dealers out there that don't care about dealing with someone on the phone over a $10 part. Lichtsinn's do care and it shows. One might ask is it right for Winnebago to possibly give special treatment to Lichsinn and not other dealers. I think everyone would agree no. But I for one can understand the small town trust in each other and why it may happen there in Forest City.

2000 Itasca 35U
N8XV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:22 AM   #22
Administrator Emeritus

N8XV's post is,or should be food for thought not only for RV dealers,but for every one of us that is in business....

My "take" on Lichtsinn's success has more to do with customer service than any other variable. Yes,maybe Lichtsinn's geographic location affords them the ability to access Winnebago a little better,but I can assure you that if my dealer in Virginia Beach made the effort,things could be smoother.
It all boils down to serving the customer and what is "required" as a minimum versus what is given without asking....It's become the American way to want what we want,when we want it. we want "overnight" delivery on that part we procrastinated on ordering,we want to go to the drive through and get our food so we can get back on the road and speed to our next destination....That mentality has regrettably entrenched itself in the way we treat one another in business in a lot of ways.
I married a girl from a small western PA town,who had moved here to VA for a job opportunity. As I travel back to her hometown (listening Tom N and Joe K??),I see for the most part,an entirely different way of life.
Sure,as the towns grow,the small town "feel" is disappearing,but it's STILL THAT WAY in Forest City, Iowa.
It may very well be that way in Red Bay,AL and any other small town where there's been a manafacturer for many years.

I've talked to my dealer over the issues with communication that we had with my coach purchase. I've heard his side and he heard mine.
Whether or not it changes his philosophy will remain to be seen,but I can assure you it's made my dealings with them better....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote