Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Smile Did you hear the one about the PRISTINE MH for sale by Ocmed Mohammad !!!

THE FOLLOWING STORY IS 100 % TRUE...." THE NAMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED...WHY I DON'T KNOW....I SHOULD TURN THIS GUY IN".....THE ONLY THING THAT HAS BEEN IN OUR DEALINGS ABOUT THIS MH...OR MR. MOHOMMAD !!! SO I DO HOPE THAT MORE PEOPLE FIND THIS SITE AND YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE BEFORE TAKING THE PLUNGE.....AND I HAVE MET SOME REALLY WONDERF UL PEOPLE FROM THE MIDDLE EAST....THIS GUY JUST SO HAPPENS TO NOT BE ONE OF THEM !!!

MAGGIE AND I BOTH FOUND A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF HUMOR IN THE EXPERIENCE "AFTER" WE LEFT !!! WE LAUGHED LIKE LITTLE KIDS....AND WE WERE SOBER !!!

Firstly.....I want to thank each and every one of you who have helped Maggie and I with your words of wisdom....Thank God we found you guys and this forum before we ran out and did something super stupid !!! And please understand I have not made up any of this....You can go to Craigslist....under Mobile Alabama/Pensacola Florida listing of RVs and read the ad for yourself......

Well...now about the "Pristine"..." Like New "...." Senior Citizen " owned...." Never Smoked " in....."NO LEAKS "....."Brand New Michelen Tires all around "....."Don't miss out on this one " ...the dash air " Only Needs some Freon " 1997 Winnebago Brave 31 RQ for sale !!!

We drove an hour to see this unbelievable like new 1997 Winnebago Brave 31 RQ that was advertised on " Craigslist "......Arrived and started looking at the MH..... I started going over my list as recommended by you great folks....and what to sort of look for...Here is what I found..

1) The "BRAND NEW MICHELEN TIRES " all around.....turned out to be 6 " Mismatched" tires....the newest one was " 7 YEARS OLD " and they all were dry rotted !!! Also saw some paper work in the MH that stated the last time the oil was changed was 2007 !!!

2) Noticed a large dark mark in the right rear of MH from the top to about 3/4 of the way down on the edge.....looking up noticed that the edge of the roof appeared to be slightly bowed !!!

3) Walking through....noticed a brown stain mark on the edge of the ceiling that ran about 6 feet along the edge....and varied from 1 inch to 7 or 8 inches wide !!! The wall in the bedroom and small closet was bowed out and had popped loose !!!

4) There was a Delam area on the drivers side you could have smuggled a family of 4 into the country in !!!

5) Several drawers had full or empty packs of cigarettes in them......cig burns in several spots in the carpet...and a strong moldy smell.......

I think I will stop here.....Where do these type of people come from !!!

You folks have been wonderful .....giving wonderful advise and offering help to 2 people you have never met.......and for that Maggie and I are truly thankful.....

Now .....we will continue to look.....follow your words of wisdom ....and hopefully find the MH that was meant for us...

Thank you

J Michael & Maggie
Orange Beach Alabama
Studio2bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Just keep on looking. I did do a lot of that for several months, until I found the unit that I have now (on Craigs List).
Good luck with your future search!
Maya the Rottweiler/Great Dane Mix
Hudsoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We ran into lots of that while looking for our MH - seems there are more liars selling RVs than all other vehicles combined!
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #4

Fairly common...
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

When we found ours on Craigslist, we saw many of the same "like new/ one owner" MH's. Seems like some people still see there rigs as they remembered them and not how they are now. Just like searching for a house look at as many as you can in your price range, make a list of the options you must have versus would love to have and take a million pics and pages of notes then compare after you have slept on it. Ours had a few issues but the nights sleep helped us make the decision on which one to buy and what we knew we had to do to it once we got it home.
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Yes, De-lam is by far the worst thing to fix. I would look in every cabinet, especially at the rear and bottom surface. Get a ladder and check the roof around the edges.....
2013 Aerolite Hybrid #232 ES
2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

WOW!
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote