Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Diamond Shield

Does Winnebago have templates that Diamond shield is cut from and can you buy replacements from them? We had some dings repaired on the front so it was removed and the body shop doesn't know of a local person that installs it.

I talked to Diamond Shield and they are only a couple hours away and asked to send photos with the area taped off so I can get it done but premade would be perfect.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I've give Winnebago a call. Or, you can email owner relations at [email protected].
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:17 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
I've give Winnebago a call. Or, you can email owner relations at [email protected].
Thanks,
That was my next move. I wanted to get the numbers off the coach figuring they would ask but it was still at the body shop. Just wondered if any one had got precut replacement Diamond shield pieces. Didn't know about the email addy though.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Based on my own experience with 3M film, and discussion with others who have both 3m and Diamond Shield, I would forget about replacing it. I don't believe it is worth the cost.

...that may stir up some "discussion", but that's the conclusion I have come to over the past 7 years...
Old 05-16-2010, 08:24 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

[QUOTE=HD4Mark;641030]Does Winnebago have templates that Diamond shield is cut from and can you buy replacements from them? We had some dings repaired on the front so it was removed and the body shop doesn't know of a local person that installs it.

I talked to Diamond Shield and they are only a couple hours away and asked to send photos with the area taped off so I can get it done but premade would be perfect.[/QUOTE

Diamond shield pre cut and installed Nano Fusion film on my 05 Journey. I am very happy with the work.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Paul,

I would consider not getting it replaced but it only needs two small pieces and even though it is somewhat invisible you can see the edges and we would like it to match the rest of the front.

Scott,

Is the Diamond shield you bought cut from an existing template or do they have to custom make each piece? I ask because if they are made up from a template I would have them sent to me and install it myself. Their web site has a video showing how to do it and it doesn't look to tough. I'm not sure I would do the whole thing but I only need the two replacements.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:50 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
Paul,

I would consider not getting it replaced but it only needs two small pieces and even though it is somewhat invisible you can see the edges and we would like it to match the rest of the front.

Scott,

Is the Diamond shield you bought cut from an existing template or do they have to custom make each piece? I ask because if they are made up from a template I would have them sent to me and install it myself. Their web site has a video showing how to do it and it doesn't look to tough. I'm not sure I would do the whole thing but I only need the two replacements.
They cut it with a CAD cutting machine. They can ship to you to install yourself I think.