Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2015, 08:00 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Dealerships

Lichtsinn or Lazydays
NYBobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:13 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Is there a question ? Both are large volume WBGO dealers but they are many miles apart.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:35 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBobbo View Post
Lichtsinn or Lazydays
Pleasureland!!

Pleasureland RV | Minnesota RV Dealers Selling New and Used RVs

We've tried to deal with Lichtsinn when buying 2 Winnebago Adventurer motorhomes. In both cases they were over $10,000.00 more expensive than Pleasureland in Ramsey MN.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:19 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Lichtsinn hands down, the best Winnebago dealer.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:24 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacdiesel View Post
Lichtsinn hands down, the best Winnebago dealer.
if it's a choice only between those two I'd choose Lichtsinn. But if you're open to suggestions try Barrington RV Motor Sales in Bartlett, IL.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:28 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I am sure there are a great many dealers out there. We went with Lichtsinn mainly because they are close to the factory. I am sure we could have beat the price by looking but they were very competitive, enough so that going farther afield was not necessary IMO.

Best for us is the follow up service. Glad we went with them. Would buy another from them in a heartbeat.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:38 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

thanks all,

I guess proper break in on the diesel resulting in better fuel consumption forever beats out picking it up in a warm weather.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:16 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I'd go with who ever gives you the best price.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 02:13 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Price is definitely the answer. The place closest to you (wherever it is) probably has a pitiful service department, so don't worry about the service end-it's only for a year, anyway.

I have heard that outfit in Ohio is a standup place,as well.

If you don't have a trade, shopping is simple-if you do have a trade-the trade-in is the issue.

We bought at Lichtsinn, no trade, and had a great experience-never went back.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:30 PM   #10
LTL
Winnebago Watcher

We bought two Motohomes from LD. The last ones have been from Lichtsinn (Nicole Follman) and will go back. Very knowledgeable of the Winnebago product.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:43 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

We have purchased several coaches from Lazydays and several coaches from Lichtsinn. Both were good experiences. Lazydays (in Tampa) is sort of like Disneyworld. They have everything and will overwhelm you. In addition to a huge number of motorhomes, they have a Camping World, a Cracker Barrel, and a Flying J right on the premises. If you are spending $250K on a coach, you get into the crown club, which has full service hookups for those awaiting service service. They feed and drink you in a private club, and try to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Everybody who is into motorcoachcing should have at least one experience at Lazydays, even just visiting.
Lichtsinn, however, is more plain-Jane, although they built a new, luxurious facility in Forest City. Lichtsinn sells only Winnebago and its sister products (Itasca, for example). They are the number one Winnebago dealer in the US.
Comparing the two, Lichtsinn has maybe 6-8 service bays, whereas Lazydays has 300 service bays. Offsetting that, Lichtsinn gets Winnebago parts from the factory about 1 mile down the road the same day, whereas Lazydays needs about a week. That is a major reason that Lazydays has such pleasant staying experience (at least in the Crown Club) -- You have to wait for parts.
I like both places, and recommend that you check them out. They are vastly different.
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:41 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
thanks all,

I guess proper break in on the diesel resulting in better fuel consumption forever beats out picking it up in a warm weather.
New one on me - where did you hear this ?
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:19 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

I believe Lichtsinn hands down!

Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:30 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
Perhaps "old school" thinking? Better lubricants and tighter tolerances in manufacturing have, I thought, pretty much negated rigid break-in routines. But I could be wrong.
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:34 AM   #15
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
I did some internet surfing and found if the motor is not properly broken in there can be glazing on the pistons, create more blow by at the rings. Proper break in will allow (due to variable speeds) for better oil coverage on newly honed parts enabling them seat better.
Better fuel consumption and less oil usage is resulted.

It may seem like snake oil to some, but I buy into it.

TheDieselStop.Com - www.thedieselstop.com

If you don't want to read the entire article, below is the conclusion of the article.:

We know that Engine Manufacturers have built today’s diesel engines using state of the art technology. They have fashioned parts to match in near perfect fashion. We can understand, through this article, that breaking-in this modern marvel of technology is more important then the manufacturers have lead us to believe. Furthermore, we can appreciate that following their claims can result in an engine that is wrought with inefficiency, sloppy fitting parts, and oil consumption problems. Following the guidelines and warnings set forth in this article will provide anyone who desires maximum efficiency and power out of his engine many miles of trouble free operation.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:48 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

If proper break-in is your primary concern, Lichtsinn is the only way to go. Otherwise, you have to trust the delivery driver observed all WGO break-in guidelines, didn't tow a vehicle for the return trip and never exceeded recommended speeds, good luck with that!
LeeOts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:30 AM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I did some internet surfing and found if the motor is not properly broken in there can be glazing on the pistons, create more blow by at the rings. Proper break in will allow (due to variable speeds) for better oil coverage on newly honed parts enabling them seat better.
Better fuel consumption and less oil usage is resulted.

It may seem like snake oil to some, but I buy into it.

TheDieselStop.Com - www.thedieselstop.com

If you don't want to read the entire article, below is the conclusion of the article.:

We know that Engine Manufacturers have built today’s diesel engines using state of the art technology. They have fashioned parts to match in near perfect fashion. We can understand, through this article, that breaking-in this modern marvel of technology is more important then the manufacturers have lead us to believe. Furthermore, we can appreciate that following their claims can result in an engine that is wrought with inefficiency, sloppy fitting parts, and oil consumption problems. Following the guidelines and warnings set forth in this article will provide anyone who desires maximum efficiency and power out of his engine many miles of trouble free operation.
Direct quote from that web page - Winnebago does not have any Ford Diesel Engines

TheDieselStop.Com is a source of information, discussion, and help pertaining to the full line of Ford trucks, SUVs, and vans with International diesels. We cover everything from the original F-250s with 6.9L diesels all the way up to the newest 2008 Super-Duty trucks with the new 6.4L Power Stroke engine.
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 06:56 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Cummins break-in procedure

Here's a direct quote from the Cummins ISL9 (8.9L) Owners Manual for our 2016 model.

"The new Cummins engine associated with this manual does not require a "break-in" procedure."

From my perspective it would make no sense at all for Cummins to make this statement if there were any concern whatsoever about potential damage to the components. Todays engines (both diesel and gas) are sophistcated mechanical marvels compared to those say 15-20 years ago or especially older versions.

cheers,
Joopy
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:35 AM   #19
Winnie-Wise

You guys are right, this is a Mercedes so I went to the Sprinter manual and I guess I'll follow their procedure.

P120 in the 2016 man.
p136 in the 2015

Breaking-in notes

For the service life and economy of your vehicle
it is crucial that you break in the engine with due
care.
R
Therefore, protect the engine for the first
1000 miles (1500 km) by driving at varying
vehicle and engine speeds.
R
Avoid overstraining the vehicle and high
engine speeds during this period, e.g. driving
at full throttle. Do not exceed
Ř
of the max-
imum speed for each gear.
R
Do not change down a gear manually in order
to brake.
R
Try to avoid depressing the accelerator pedal
beyond the point of resistance (kickdown).
R
The shift ranges
or
should only be
engaged when driving slowly, e.g. when driv-
ing in mountainous terrain.
After 1000 miles (1500 km), you can increase
the engine speed gradually and accelerate the
vehicle to full speed

I guess that says it all.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:27 AM   #20
Winnie-Wise

I go to Lichtsinn for parts, especially while on the road. I have had work done at Lazy Daze in Tucson. Have had good experiences with both. Also have had good experiences with Roy Robinson in Marysville, Wa. where the coach was purchased and at Guaranty in Eugene, Or where the next coach most likely will be purchased.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer