Old 09-04-2008, 02:23 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Have had the same problem with the local dealer in Manassas VA. Bought a used coach in AZ last summer, brought it home and then took it to them for regular servicing. Was told that they only provide services for "premier" customers (those that bought their coaches from them). When I pointed out that I had purchased my previous coach from them, I was informed that I lost my "premier" status when I bought the new coach.

I informed them that they should not expect me to ever buy another coach from them, which didn't seem to bother them. Guess they hear that a lot. Fortunately their are other dealers within reasonable range.

2003 Itasca Suncruiser 38G Workhorse W22 8.1L, 2005 Grand Cherokee Toad
Bob/Becky D - VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:30 PM   #16
Winnie-Wise

FYI

I have purchased 2 RV's from Hansel in Petaluma and have had both of them serviced there. They have always treated me very well. I know others who are not happy with their service.

I am not a full timer so I try and arrange service when we are not using the Coach. That way they can have it long enough to complete repairs. I have even taken it out for trips when minor repairs have not been completed. I then return it so they can complete the work. They have always worked with me, maybe because I am willing to work with them.

They do not do chassis work but I have found a local truck repair shop for Workhorse warranty work.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:48 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Maybe when a dealer gives you the you didn't buy it here blah blah blah ask them if they use the internet and then give them RV service reviews and Irv2's websites. Of course make sure you have posted on both about the shoddy treatment.

Dealers really need to take notice that now with the internet the customer is alot more powerful than ever before.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Agreed, but the 'net is a two-edged sword. Sadly, there are some customers who can NOT be satisfied with what 99% of us would consider excellent service. I worked for over 40 years in a customer service oriented position - and some people refuse to be pleased . . . ever.

And the trends I've seen tend to be that the people who want everything "right now and for free" are multiplying. Plus, with the anonymity of the keyboard, they will make outrageous claims in order to get something for nothing or to inconvenience someone they didn't get kissed by.

I always read "complaints" with an open eye, looking for evidence of foaming at the mouth or just raw greed from the poster.

That said - there are lots of businesses that DO need a major attitude adjustment. Most of those are either very new, or run by "old school", "you are buying from me, therefore I am superior" people - who, thankfully, are falling by the wayside.

Any dealership (whether it be auto or RV) in Central Arkansas with the name "Crain" on it fits that mold.

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:27 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Village RV in Roseville, CA, accepted our RV, although bought elsewhere, for warranty work. When making the appointment, they never asked where we bought it, and it wasn't until we took it in, that they found out where via the VIN or serial #. They have always given us good service, and the very good service rep we work with is Chris.

2005 Adventurer 33V