Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2017, 01:45 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Thanks all!!! Unfortunately Ron Hoover is the ONLY Winnebago dealer/service center in Houston - at least according to Winnebago's website.

Outside of warranty issues, I just need to find a place for routine maintenance and service (oil changes, generator).
tmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:55 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmandV View Post
Besides stating what jerks they are, Ron Hoover RV can't spell and has grammar errors in their sign.

I don't see anything glaring out at me ; I don't think there being jerks at all
its his business how he wants to distribute available repair techs and shop time etc.Its certainly not any of your business or mine what he does or how he does
it.
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:16 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by select55 View Post
I don't see anything glaring out at me ; I don't think there being jerks at all
its his business how he wants to distribute available repair techs and shop time etc.Its certainly not any of your business or mine what he does or how he does
it.

You're absolutely correct, HIS "business", therefore HIS rules.

I also have my own rule. It is: MY Money, MY RULES! Therefore MY "business" would be going ELSEWHERE! Nothing wrong with that at all!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:38 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmas View Post
Thanks all!!! Unfortunately Ron Hoover is the ONLY Winnebago dealer/service center in Houston - at least according to Winnebago's website.

Outside of warranty issues, I just need to find a place for routine maintenance and service (oil changes, generator).
If it is a Ford engine/chassis, try a Ford Dealership. I have a great relationship with my Ford mechanic and he will work on my RV. Obviously, most of the work is related to the engine/chassis, but he has done some minor coach repairs for me (roof inspection, black/gray tank air vent covers, generator oil change, etc.). He has a trailer and a lot of the other guys that work there have trailers or motorhomes.

Good luck.
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:31 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Ron Hoover RV

I bought my 2016 Journey from Ron Hoover in LaMarque, Tx. last June. There were several issues that I felt the dealership should have discovered and taken care of before delivery. Since I live about 200 miles away I sought out a Winnebago warranty dealership closer and was very pleased with their response. I have taken it to them twice for warranty issues and they have corrected the issues and walked thru the coach with me each time to see that I was satisfied. If you're ever in the Shreveport, La. area,
I recommend Campers RV Center. There are right on I20 and very easy to get in and out of. They also have an RV park but I never used it. BTW, there is also a Campers World in the area also.
Cherokee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:35 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

The dealership does not do a QA check before your purchase. None of them do. It's up to you to go through the RV AFTER purchase and report back the issues, put it in the shop, and hope you get it back within a month or two. We learned this with our first RV purchase. It is a much different process than just about anything else you'll ever purchase. That's part of why our second RV is a used unit and not a new one.
RobbieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:42 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
The dealership does not do a QA check before your purchase. None of them do. It's up to you to go through the RV AFTER purchase and report back the issues, put it in the shop, and hope you get it back within a month or two. We learned this with our first RV purchase. It is a much different process than just about anything else you'll ever purchase. That's part of why our second RV is a used unit and not a new one.
I'd say you're correct on used RV's, but incorrect on new units. I've bought 2 new TT's (different dealers) and both were inspected and systems tested before I ever arrived to do my own inspection.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:49 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
I'd say you're correct on used RV's, but incorrect on new units. I've bought 2 new TT's (different dealers) and both were inspected and systems tested before I ever arrived to do my own inspection.
I was told flat out by our MHSRV salesman that they do NOT pre-check RVs before pickup. We were offered a camp spot at the dealership if we wished to discover the bugs while on the lot. Instead, we camped at a nearby state park. I could be wrong, maybe there are some dealerships out there that go through the coaches before you pick them up, but my experience buying new, plus the comments by people here and on other RV forums state otherwise. I guess you got lucky!

Ours spent 172 days in the shop during the first 11 months of ownership. Not a very good use of our $120k.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:54 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
I was told flat out by our MHSRV salesman that they do NOT pre-check RVs before pickup. We were offered a camp spot at the dealership if we wished to discover the bugs while on the lot. Instead, we camped at a nearby state park. I could be wrong, maybe there are some dealerships out there that go through the coaches before you pick them up, but my experience buying new, plus the comments by people here and on other RV forums state otherwise. I guess you got lucky!

Ours spent 172 days in the shop during the first 11 months of ownership. Not a very good use of our $120k.
I think you made a mistake buying from them then. Did they not even go through the unit with you before you signed the paperwork?

Anyone else experience a dealer who refuses to do a pre-delivery inspection?
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:48 AM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
The place I bought my RVs from does a check of all components before I did a walk through. I was there when they were testing one of the RVs, every faucet was turned on they had the toilet held open doing a nonstop flush. They were testing the AC, the furnace the stove, the microwave, the tvs all going and all lights turned on.

I had taken it out for a test drive before closing, and they made sure to check that the alignment was correct. They provided a list of everything they go through as part of the PDI. This was all done prior to me signing anything....the day of closing they walk you through everything again....they give you a clipboard to take notes and complete a checklist.

They showed me where everything from where each valve is located, to how to use the dvd players. They even had us go through the process of checking putting the jacks down and extending the slide, and then reversing the process.

After all that was complete I then was pointed to the room to sign the papers.
vaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:52 AM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
I think you made a mistake buying from them then. Did they not even go through the unit with you before you signed the paperwork?

Anyone else experience a dealer who refuses to do a pre-delivery inspection?
We did a quick test drive and a short walk through. I mentioned some issues with drawers, and they said it was up to us to take the unit home, identify the issues, then schedule to take it back for repairs.

You have all given me another reason to dislike MHSRV.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:58 AM   #32
Winnebago Camper

Dealer won't do warranty work

I was unaware of mhsrv not doing a PDI. ( pre delivery inspection) on a new coach. I guess if true I'd never buy there, I can't believe manufactures would let them do that . Perhaps true on a used or consigned coach but..... This is news if true!
Every rv I've bought has been set up cleaned and all functions demonstrated (3 new trailers via 3 different dealers) the two mh I've bought were used but via dealers with the same treatment. The last at ,beaver motorcoach sales, in Bend Or was washed, carpets cleaned all systems checked out burnt out interior light bulbs replaced and they had spent 10 hours shop time repairing and adjusting things. I only knew this because they described what the had done and made me wait another week to do the 2hour walk through, so they could complete repairs to the audio system and power cord retraction motor.
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:09 PM   #33
Winnebago Watcher

We purchased from MHSRV and they let us stay on their lot for, I think it was 3 or 4 days. They provided a tech to go through the RV with us. Turns out that guy knew less than we did and was pretty much a waste of time.

My point was that MHSRV will let you stay on their lot and perform a PDI with you and fix items that are found. Just beware that the guy they provide may not be very knowledgeable.
HarleyOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:12 PM   #34
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
This is my experience too. I did a separate PDI before delivery, but the dealers have been good. The Winnebago manual says that the selling dealer has to do a full inspection prior to delivery. If anything is missed (of significant magnitude), I'm sure Winnebago would like to hear.
BirchyBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:51 PM   #35
Winnebago Camper

Quote:

My neighbor just bought a class A from MHSRV. He told me specifically, that they did perform a PDI. Turned out the rear air didn't work and MHSRV replaced it the same day,,, before my neighbor took delivery.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:46 AM   #36
Winnebago Camper

I saved over $25,000 by buying at a different dealer than Ron Hoover.
So I just offer to pay any difference between what winnebago pays and what they normally charge. I'm still saving thousands.
Texasranger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, warranty