Old 01-18-2017, 04:46 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

I purchased mine at Lichtsinn and have used them, the factory and local to me Winnebago dealer in NY... so far never a problem and never got a runaround.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:09 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

There are many private repair shops and Mobile Mechanics that will do a much better job, and many that Winnebago may authorize to do warranty work. I would call Winnebago Customer Service for assistance.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:31 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

Yeah, I'd think a call to Winnie would be in your interest and the interest of other RV'ers that might want to get work done there. Winnie may tolerate that sort of warranty service denial but I doubt it.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:49 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmas View Post
Mr. Hoover is kind enough to spell out the priority for his customers....

Besides stating what jerks they are, Ron Hoover RV can't spell and has grammar errors in their sign.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:42 PM   #19
JBP
Winnebago Owner

Tmas were are you in the valley? I am at Tropic Star in Pharr. Had the same problem with Ron Hoover. Winn will authorize the work if done by an qualified RV technician with a tax ID number. In the passed I had to pay for it and they reimbursed me. I have ask them to send me the parts and I have installed them. All that they ask was for me to return the defective parts. They sent the pick up in the box with the new parts. There is a dealer just South of Austin that will do the work. They have limited RV parking for customers. That is a long way from Pharr.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:57 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

If you need work on a component that the Coach manufacturer installed, find a local shop, not necessarily a MH dealer, who is an authorized warranty repair shop for that component. Shortly after we got our MH I received a warranty repair notice for the basement air conditioner. My selling dealer is more than 100 miles from me but a nearby RV repair facility was an authorized repair facility and they took care of me without any problems. Same for an HWH jack replacement at the nearby Camping World - this one did a good job. Do not feel you are tied to a MH dealership. Winnebago unique things are done by appointment at the factory, no local dealership.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:45 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Thanks all!!! Unfortunately Ron Hoover is the ONLY Winnebago dealer/service center in Houston - at least according to Winnebago's website.

Outside of warranty issues, I just need to find a place for routine maintenance and service (oil changes, generator).
Old 01-20-2017, 02:55 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmandV View Post
Besides stating what jerks they are, Ron Hoover RV can't spell and has grammar errors in their sign.

I don't see anything glaring out at me ; I don't think there being jerks at all
its his business how he wants to distribute available repair techs and shop time etc.Its certainly not any of your business or mine what he does or how he does
it.
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:16 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by select55 View Post
I don't see anything glaring out at me ; I don't think there being jerks at all
its his business how he wants to distribute available repair techs and shop time etc.Its certainly not any of your business or mine what he does or how he does
it.

You're absolutely correct, HIS "business", therefore HIS rules.

I also have my own rule. It is: MY Money, MY RULES! Therefore MY "business" would be going ELSEWHERE! Nothing wrong with that at all!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:38 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmas View Post
Thanks all!!! Unfortunately Ron Hoover is the ONLY Winnebago dealer/service center in Houston - at least according to Winnebago's website.

Outside of warranty issues, I just need to find a place for routine maintenance and service (oil changes, generator).
If it is a Ford engine/chassis, try a Ford Dealership. I have a great relationship with my Ford mechanic and he will work on my RV. Obviously, most of the work is related to the engine/chassis, but he has done some minor coach repairs for me (roof inspection, black/gray tank air vent covers, generator oil change, etc.). He has a trailer and a lot of the other guys that work there have trailers or motorhomes.

Good luck.

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:31 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Ron Hoover RV

I bought my 2016 Journey from Ron Hoover in LaMarque, Tx. last June. There were several issues that I felt the dealership should have discovered and taken care of before delivery. Since I live about 200 miles away I sought out a Winnebago warranty dealership closer and was very pleased with their response. I have taken it to them twice for warranty issues and they have corrected the issues and walked thru the coach with me each time to see that I was satisfied. If you're ever in the Shreveport, La. area,
I recommend Campers RV Center. There are right on I20 and very easy to get in and out of. They also have an RV park but I never used it. BTW, there is also a Campers World in the area also.
Cherokee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:35 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

The dealership does not do a QA check before your purchase. None of them do. It's up to you to go through the RV AFTER purchase and report back the issues, put it in the shop, and hope you get it back within a month or two. We learned this with our first RV purchase. It is a much different process than just about anything else you'll ever purchase. That's part of why our second RV is a used unit and not a new one.
RobbieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:42 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
The dealership does not do a QA check before your purchase. None of them do. It's up to you to go through the RV AFTER purchase and report back the issues, put it in the shop, and hope you get it back within a month or two. We learned this with our first RV purchase. It is a much different process than just about anything else you'll ever purchase. That's part of why our second RV is a used unit and not a new one.
I'd say you're correct on used RV's, but incorrect on new units. I've bought 2 new TT's (different dealers) and both were inspected and systems tested before I ever arrived to do my own inspection.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:49 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
I'd say you're correct on used RV's, but incorrect on new units. I've bought 2 new TT's (different dealers) and both were inspected and systems tested before I ever arrived to do my own inspection.
I was told flat out by our MHSRV salesman that they do NOT pre-check RVs before pickup. We were offered a camp spot at the dealership if we wished to discover the bugs while on the lot. Instead, we camped at a nearby state park. I could be wrong, maybe there are some dealerships out there that go through the coaches before you pick them up, but my experience buying new, plus the comments by people here and on other RV forums state otherwise. I guess you got lucky!

Ours spent 172 days in the shop during the first 11 months of ownership. Not a very good use of our $120k.
RobbieH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, warranty