Old 12-24-2007, 03:12 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

I would love for some one to blow a shot through my front passenger window of my coach. Then the insurance company would replace it. Atwood could care less in all the talks I have had with them. Winnie must have known Atwood was less than stellar. Now maybe they will get a good supplier.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:11 PM   #16
Winnebago Watcher

You can now order your windows direct from Atwood!
@
574-264-3131

Try to get the part # of the window first! There should be a sticker on the trim ring somewhere.
If you cant find it they will ask for the style and ask you to do some measurements to find the correct part. they are very nice and easy to work with. Yes it is true that a new window may take some time to produce (quicker if you order direct), but this is understandable if it is an out of production unit. If you only need parts like glass replacement and not the whole window your waiting should be reduced. unfortunately you are still at the mercy of the dealer unless you are handy.

good luck out there!
Old 05-27-2009, 06:24 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

On my class "A" I tried to get a large local glass company to replace the fogged windows with standard automotive glass. I was surprised to learn that it cannot be done. That type of glass does not lend itself to cutting. So I ended up paying Atwood $1500.00 bucks for a new set of double panes in cockpit area. Winnie installed for free.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #18
Winnie-Wise

http://www.suncoastdesigners.com/ will remove & replace dual-pane windows for $200, I have heard, so they may be a better bet than Atwood, or Si-Gi (another junk window company). You *may* be able to order a new window from them, or send them your frame (minus the broken glass), and have them make a new one.

Also, Lazy Days now has a full window repair show, complete with the machine needed to purge and re-seal the thermo-pane seal. I don't know what they charge.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote