Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-28-2018, 01:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Cure for rattling dishes

I finally found the cure for rattling dishes while driving on bumpy roads. We normally use sheets of packing foam to separate dishes, cups, etc. and when we go to use them we have to stow the sheets someplace until we're ready to go. I thought about this and wondered if large rubber bands would keep things quiet. So I did some searching on Amazon and found these silicon rubber bands: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 These work great! Below are pictures of our dishes now. The largest bands could be used for pots and pans (I used one on our crock pot lid) but the most versatile are the 6" and 9" sizes. An added benefit is that the silicon doesn't slide on the cabinet surface, so the dishes stay put.

starcrwzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Smart solution! I just place a paper napkin between my plates, which seems to work well. I also place a styrofoam cup over each coffee mug to keep them from "clinking."
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:17 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We've used bartender's cloth for the bottom of the drawers and between pots and pans since we started. Works great and we just leave it there.

That would be harder to do with dishes so this looks like a good solution.
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish