Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-02-2015, 08:10 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
Give me a break - some people just think they are better than us peons
He didn't say anything about the people being better, just the coaches, which is a fact.

FunGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:05 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
Give me a break - some people just think they are better than us peons
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunGus View Post
He didn't say anything about the people being better, just the coaches, which is a fact.
WARNING - Personal exchanges are prohibited.

Please do not allow opinions to drive a Community Rules violation...violations will be dealt with by the staff.

"Better" is a relative term. What is good for one iRV2 member might not be good for another and a brand that is still in business is surely a good brand to have weathered the recession.

Thanks
iRV2 Staff
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
[SIGPIC]https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif[/SIGPIC]
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:20 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

All one has to do is follow the Entegra forum to make an informed decision.
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:42 AM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Notwithstanding all of the brand band wagon stands being taken I have watched the various threads on this forum with an eye to determining quality.

Based on subjective data, that being the number of complaints by brand it appears there are higher failure rates in some manufacturers than others. When you consider the number of coaches produced by each manufacturer the number (and seriousness) of complaints on this thread do not support the "superior quality" claims made.

IMO if Consumer Reports did a report on MH there would be no clear winner.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:35 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
It will be interesting to see how Winnebago approaches this opportunity. If they "Winnebago-ize" the Country Coach it will cease to be the great coach that it was and will be just another Winnie, very sad. I hope they follow along the precedent set by Jayco when they bought the assets of bankrupt Travel Supreme, improved it, and have made a great success out of it. There is very little Jayco in an Entegra which is as it should be. A Lexus does not say Toyota on the back, an Entegra does not say Jayco, and a Country Coach should not say Winnebago. I truly hope hope they do this right so we can see the true resurrection of one of the best coach brands ever made.
I was lucky to be at the Winnebago booth in Louisville at the RVIA show where the CEO of Winnebago made the announcement regarding the purchase of the IP and property of Country Coach. It was met very positively.

I also think that MRUSA14's observations are spot on, regarding the analogy of Jayco purchasing Travel Supreme's IP and producing the Entegra line, which has been very successful. I think Winnebago brass has the same vision in sight for Country Coach. We will all wait and see.

I'm betting on another Entegra-like success, this time from Winnebago, branded Country Coach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:11 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

What an interesting turn of events. I know very little first hand about Country Coach. But from what I've read they appear to be rated as a higher end "quality coach". Of course, as Gordon smartly pointed out on his previous post, the so called "superior quality" rigs certainly have their fair share of issues, too. Unfortunately, no RV line is exempt from problems.

In my opinion Country Coach could not have been bailed out by a better firm than Winnebago Industries. Coach quality comparisons aside, Winnebago is probably the strongest and most well established firm in the industry in terms of financial stability, manufacturering experience, customer base, and in overall resources. Realistically, I doubt that there were other firms seriously willing or positioned to take on this life saving initiative. Now, some Country Coach fans may remark about concerns regarding WGO diluting the CC quality (and I concede that it may be a valid remark) but the reality is that Winnebago is apparently responsible for keeping the CC line alive... and I hope they keep the CC line alive and well for many years to come. I believe this addition can add even greater strength to WGO Industries and adding another quality brand will help to add to their already broad customer base.

Yes, it will be most interesting to watch how Winnebago Industries manages both the WGO and the CC line over the next year or three. Personally, I think it's all good for everyone concerned

Welcome to the WGO family, CC fans

cheers,
Joopy
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:39 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

I owned a new Winnebago View for 26 months & 36K miles. I Must say I have great respect for the workmanship-no issues with poor quality. No Leaks, no junk material, only great design and construction.

A couple of issues with components-that are bought & used by all manufacturers- like Norcold & Xantrex. But Not a big deal considering the complexity of the Unit.

Mercedes Chassis is good. the only issues were DEF level & Wheel Sensors, both issues were warrantied and repaired by Mercedes.

I cannot imagine a better quality of construction & assembly.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:00 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry J View Post
Maybe a west and a east GNR? Being from the NW I like the thought of a west Winnebago. The Eugene area is an excellent choice.
Good idea about GNR. Plus Winnebago factory service in Oregon.

JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago