Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-05-2015, 05:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Costco RV Buying Program

We are looking into buying a new View 24M. Costco has an RV buying program and up in the Seattle area the contact dealer is Camping World in Burlington. Does anyone have experience purchasing through the program? If so how much off of MSRP was the price?

Thank you for your insights
DLoy1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:59 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

When I was shopping for an RV last year, I checked the Costco pricing with the local authorized dealer and was he was just under 22% off of MSRP. If you are someone that does not like to negotiate, probably not a bad deal. I ended up buying somewhere else and was able to negotiate a better deal including some custom features.
dezrtracr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:52 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

We went thru the program and did OK. You can always find a better deal after the fact. Actually if you want to take a chance and wait until near the end of the model year or at least until the new year models start to roll out you can get a much better deal.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:11 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Better price

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezrtracr View Post
When I was shopping for an RV last year, I checked the Costco pricing with the local authorized dealer and was he was just under 22% off of MSRP. If you are someone that does not like to negotiate, probably not a bad deal. I ended up buying somewhere else and was able to negotiate a better deal including some custom features.
looking to buy same unit - how much discount off msrp on 2016 can I try to negotiate ?? If lucky ??
And what custom options did you get? I'm
Looking at better capeTing in cab and steps
Thank you
Jim
Joanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I'm not a savvy negotiator, but I was shooting for around 25% off MSRP. I think that's it's easier to get 30% off a $250K coach than 30% off a $125K coach. One of my friends who once was in the RV business told me that there was a minimum profit amount they required for each sale, so on a low cost unit, one might only be able to get 15% off, and on a real expensive unit, one might be able to get 35% or more off. I custom ordered the MH with the tan leather from the Itasca line and also the darker flooring from one of the other decor options.
dezrtracr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:47 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

22% is about right. We used the Costco program and were very pleased with Roy Robinson Motorhomes. The sales person we dealt with there has moved up to the Camping World in Burlington. My suggestion is to get the price from Camping World then go to Roy Robinson and ask them to make you a better deal. The service department there is top notch (IMHO), and I have no info on Camping World service.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

We just got a very sweet deal on a 2016 from Robinson's

If you order something, you can get "bare bones" pricing from them, as the unit won't sit on their floor plan. Fast, turn around deal for them and you

2005 Forrest River Charleston 400TS DP
D and J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 01:43 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We have used Costco's auto buying program for every car we've acquired since I found out about it years ago. I have years of professional experience negotiating contracts and find this an invaluable tool. Most of the time I used it to leverage an even better price from a competing car dealer. Critics will say that the discounted prices are only for less desirable colors, etc., but we never found that to be the case. We always got exactly what we wanted for a great price. I would absolutely expect Costco's RV buying program to be ever bit as useful.
biosensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:13 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Well it has been a few weeks since my inquiry through costco.com. Received an initial email from rep at CW and responded with what I was interested in. No response so sent 2nd email with more exact info, still no response. So no go on my end through the pricing program.
DLoy1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:31 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

After buying 2 motorhomes(yes call me a slow learner) and dealing with 4 different camping worlds(tryimg to bet warranty work done) I for one will not buy or deal with camping world again. Winnebago has good products,great wiring (best I have seen) ,the diesel coaches(from personal knoledge)have more storage than than the other brands. The biggest problem is winnebago seems to have partnered with camping world (at the expense of local dealers) warranty work is poor to nonexistent at camping world.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:43 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

We agree.
Jim
Old 08-30-2015, 05:45 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Btw, we live closer to 3 camping worlds and bought our view from lazy days !! So far very pleased.