Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2018, 09:25 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Also we shut off the water tank when not in use.
Pnutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:02 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Induction cooktop

Instead of using the propane stove we purchased a single burner induction cooktop, and found that it is the greatest addition to our equipment. It's clean....faster than the old coil "hot plates".......(11 amps and 1500 watts).
You can get a nuwave for 65.00 from Target, they do sell cheaper ones from wally world.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 05:56 AM   #23
RWH
Winnebago Watcher

ALWAYS take advantage of unmetered electricity. We have a 2015 Class A Vista. If just the wife and I, then one electric heater in the bedroom area does the trick. If we have guests, then we add another at the other end of the rig. Medium settings usually don't trip the breakers but if they do, then use lower settings. Use your LP gas heater only when really cold and the electrics aren't sufficient. Turn on the hot water heater only when you need it and then shut if off. This really helps to minimize the draw on the LP tank.
RWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 05:22 PM   #24
RV2
Winnebago Camper

Alternatives to using onboard propane

In our Sunova, we have taken to supplementing our onboard propane tank with an Extend-A-Stay setup, and when using electricity is more economical, we place a Broad Big Cube heater on the dashboard to warm the draft from the windshield in the cockpit, and use a Sunbeam heated mattress pad on our bed. Nothing better than climbing into a warm bed at night. The DW and I have different preferences for blankets, I like to be warm, she prefers to be cool - the heated mattress pad is zones to provide H with more heat than W.

Haven't had any tripped breakers using the Broan electric heater with the heated mattress pad or any electrical appliances.
RV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:06 PM   #25

“I have also thought I would turn the water heater off at night to conserve gas.” Who needs hot water when sleeping? Safer too.

“but I am concerned that it may cause damage to the RVs electrical system.“ Run the electric heater on the low setting...800-900 watts.
LarryW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, propane