Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

camping near Forest City with FHU

Hello All, We are headed to the plant for some work and would like to hear from anyone who camped nearby and had FHU. It looks likes most places do not have sewer. Thanks
lvnrdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I don't recall any nearby with sewer, although if you are getting service work done it would not be too inconvienient to stop off either at the several dumps at the RV Park across from customer service or at Pamel Park which is just down the road aways.

Don G. WIT 70041
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnrdream View Post
Hello All, We are headed to the plant for some work and would like to hear from anyone who camped nearby and had FHU. It looks likes most places do not have sewer. Thanks
I agree with "Grimesy"

Given that you will give them the motorhome at 7 in the morning and they will give it back at around 3-3:30 each day, the trip to the closest RV park with full hook-ups doesn't seem to practical.

Pammel Park, to me is the easiest to dump and fill tanks as they have potable water available right at the dump station. That way it's "one stop shopping" as opposed to Winnebago's park where you dump at one place, then pull around/up to another spot for potable water, which is really no big deal.

Hanging around in the Winnebago parking lot/RV park is part of the experience. You get to meet new people, brag, lie, spread rumors, and gerneral commiserate with your fellow Winnebago/Itasca owners.
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

There is a wonderful park in town with free easy access dumping. You can camp there also if need be. I hope you have made an appointment and are a wit club member. The appointment affords many benefits including extra days to repair extra things and less $ per hour charge.

Forgive my acronym savvy. What is 'FHU'?
Old 08-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Sorry. Missed WIT on your short profile.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Dry camp at the WIT visitors center for up to 3 days at no charge while you wait for your appointment date. Yor can service and dump as stated above.

I'm at the service area waiting on my Monday appointment now.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I think FHU means Full Hook Ups. There is a park just west of town about 5 miles with FHU but as everyone said, you really don't need it. If you arrive and your tanks are full go to the first traffic light (going north) on ST-69; turn right and you will see the whole line of dump stations and fresh water stations. Yes, you can stay at the Welcome Center for three days, or you can stay at the Service Center if they are working on your motorhome. All of it is free!!!
On the other hand if you want full hookups to do laundry, clean the animals, etc., you could opt for the park east of town.
This help?
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Thanks for clarifying the FHU. I am not into acronyms! Not to split hairs, I don't think the park is nearly 5 miles. We could walk to it with no problem and the cafe on the main drag is very nice. The old guy in the Hallmark store is a fountain of Winnebago information and the quilt shop is a great place to visit. And don't forget the Grotto in West Bend(??). Days can certainly get long in FC.

Hope your stay is a good and successful one.

Rick
Old 08-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Thanks for clarifying the FHU. I am not into acronyms! Not to split hairs, I don't think the park is nearly 5 miles. We could walk to it with no problem and the cafe on the main drag is very nice. The old guy in the Hallmark store is a fountain of Winnebago information and the quilt shop is a great place to visit. And don't forget the Grotto in West Bend(??). Days can certainly get long in FC.

Hope your stay is a good and successful one.

Rick
I'm a little confused, I have been to Forest City 7 times. Are you saying there is a Full Hook Up RV park (Water, Sewer, and Electric) within walking distance of the Service Center?? Please provide the name or directions or something, please!!
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

I am so sorry if I confused anyone. Let me try to list the options for you:
1. First, you can stay at the Winnebago Welcome Center (on ST-69) for three nights. 50 Amp only.
2. Or, you can stay at the Winnebago Customer Service Center (almost across the street from the Welcome Center on 4th Street) IF you have an appointment for service. They will issue you a pass to stay on their parking lot or the adjacent “park like” lot next door. 50 Amp only.
3. Or, you go north about 9 blocks (on ST-69 to the first traffic light and turn right). This park is owned by the City and is called Pammel Park. It has free dump stations and fresh water stations. The park has 30 Amp and some 50 Amp posts and I think the charge is $10 per night (but I have never parked there so the charge may be more??).
You could walk to all three of the above parks.
4. And, last, you can drive west out of Forest City on 350th Street about 4.5 miles until you reach a private park called Three Fingers Campground. I think they have around 90 spaces but 10 of them are Full Hookups. I think they charge $30 per night.

If you are having service done they almost always return your motorhome back to you around 3 in the afternoon. You could dump every night free at Pammel Park if you wanted to and stay free at the Service Center or Welcome Center. So, most people don’t need a campground with Full Hookups.
Does this help??
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:22 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

The conversation got confused about a place to dump and park. If you recall, I didn't understand FHU. The city park is well laid out but I don't recall if electric is available. We only dumped there. And don't forget that the grain elevator is available to weigh your rig on. We only heard of this when we were pulling out.

Tags
camping