Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-11-2007, 07:14 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago has recommended I take my Class C to either Hill's RV in Conway, NH or Camper's Inn in Merrimack, NH for repair of the flawed body panel on my Spirit.
I am not familiar with either of these dealers and want to get feedback on which one I should go to. Of course, I want good service and a short turn around time but, I also want it to look good and not be noticeable.
Any body ever go to either of these dealers' service departments?
Old 04-11-2007, 07:14 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago has recommended I take my Class C to either Hill's RV in Conway, NH or Camper's Inn in Merrimack, NH for repair of the flawed body panel on my Spirit.
I am not familiar with either of these dealers and want to get feedback on which one I should go to. Of course, I want good service and a short turn around time but, I also want it to look good and not be noticeable.
Any body ever go to either of these dealers' service departments?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:55 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I've had good experiences at Camper's Inn of Merrimack. I bought my Vectra there and they've handled most of my service needs so far (except for the chassis). They did some bodywork & repaint for me after somebody tried to change lanes into the right front corner of my RV.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:12 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Just my opinion. But work as an insurance appraiser and have had delings with campers inn and none were good.. Good luck
cmaserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:04 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Giving the choice of the two, Campers Inn would be my place... I did buy my RV there and at the time they were adding the body shop... They did hire top of the line people from Baileys Auto Body... in Merrimack,NH. I looked at a Vectra they worked on the passenger side compartments were pushed in... including the hanging brackets. After, it was like new... You couldn't see any difference in the paint at all. But that was 3 years ago... Don't know if he/they are still there...
Look at some of the work they did before you do it for sure.... I'm sure they have some around to look at...
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:53 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I am assuming that your rep (mike) suggested these locations. As for Hills rv they handle a lot of major problems for winnebago and I have dealt with them. Very nice people! They also charge bago less money than a lot of other dealers. It is far from your location and the area in nh is very busy during th summer. I would make a vacation out of it. But i bet hills is booked for the summer...good luck
peter griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Haven't had any 1st hand experience with Camper's Inn service. What I have heard is not recent and without saying if it's good or bad I'll leave that to those with actual experience.

I have purchased 2 Winnebagos from Hill's RV and highly recommend them for sales and service. They are a small family owned full line Winnebago dealership and have been in business for over 20 years. You'll be dealing directly with the owners, Craig & Sharon Hill.

I've had basic as well as warranty MH service done by them. They are an authorized inspection station but other than that and oil changes I don't believe they get into much more on the automotive side at this time. (Side note: I'm trying to convince them to become a Workhorse service center.)

Last Sept they repaired some fiberglass cracks on the passenger side nose area of my MH and it looks great. Timing wise, it was out of warranty, but Craig saw that it was due to a poor fit so it didn't cost me anything.

Whether you bought your MH from Hill's or not you're treated as a valued customer not an inconvenience. If he can do it, he will. If he can't he'll tell you. I'd give him a call.

If you don't mind, I'm curious. Are you in RI like your location indicates? If so, doesn't Arlington RV do this work?
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I know 2 personal friends who swear by Hills,you will meet them at the spring rally.I have only dealt with campers inn talking with salesman.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:53 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Russo:
If you don't mind, I'm curious. Are you in RI like your location indicates? If so, doesn't Arlington RV do this work? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I am in RI. I don't know if Arlington does this type of work or not. I did ask my rep if I could just go to the selling dealer and he told me that I could and that he was just recommending the other 2 dealers because he 'knew they were capable of a proper repair'.

I talked to Sharon at Hill's this afternoon and she said to send her some pictures for her husband to look at. I guess he's out until Monday. She seemed very nice and like she really wanted to help me.

I tried to call Camper's Inn to see if I could get a feel from them too, over the phone. Work kept getting in the way! Don't they know I've got other things to do!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Arlington RV
I was going to suggest same dealer since you live in R.I. They do body repairs plus.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:27 AM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

tps0424

I would suggest that you call Arlington RV and discuss your repair with them. I have had both body work and paint work done by Arlington and highly recommend them. They are also a lot closer to you.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I would not recommend Campers Inn.
I took my motorhome in there last year for some chassis-type warranty work (leaking shock, slow HWH jack, faulty ABS sensor). When I dropped it off I told them I had a camping trip planned two weeks out and needed the work completed for that trip. 'no problem' they said.

They were very slow to order the parts. Only diagnosing/ordering one part at a time. The motorhome was in their shop for over two weeks, and I wound having to take it back with the work incomplete. I was p*ssed...

I've not had work done at Hill's.

safe travels,
John
jthvalkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:28 PM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

TPS0424
Personally I would take a Radio Flyer wagon back to Camper,s Inn to get the wheels oiled.
I got the catalytic recall done and got the front end aligned while it was there.
Well about a month later the drivers side exhaust pipe fell out of the muffler. It was never welled in place not even tacked,not being able to keep the exhaust parts together I call customer service and requested I get it fixed locally and send them the invoice, no way they wanted to see it,the passenger side was fine. The alignment was not good either.

06 33' winnebago Voyage 33V
Lone Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:48 AM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Wow, I guess things at Campers Inn changed in the past 3 years??? Not Good!
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:31 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

I contacted Arlington by telephone Friday and sent them the same picures I sent to Winnebago. They said they would take a look at them and get back to me. We'll see how it goes from here.