Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2019, 04:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Tour 42QD

Angry Bad Winnebago

In relation to last question, Week 39. Why didn't W say they were no longer going to make the Tour 42QD
rmedlock3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 04:38 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Because they were too busy buying NEWMAR.... why would you have a redundant line of product. More money for the CEOs and fleeting profits for investors.
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 04:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Tour 42QD

BINGO!!!
Old 10-09-2019, 07:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Crows View Post
Because they were too busy buying NEWMAR.... why would you have a redundant line of product. More money for the CEOs and fleeting profits for investors.
It looks like the stock price is up dramatically over a year ago. Maybe it’s a critical strategy that will broaden product range and improve quality.
KenC-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:32 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Recently went to an RV "show" by Gauranty RV in Junction City Oregon. They had a new Winnebago Tour for $140k off list.
calendarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:50 PM   #6
Site Team

After WBGO removed the Journey, Tour and Grand Tour from their website and product line in 2018 what on earth made you think they were going to add them back in 2020?

Didn’t you follow the whole “move to Oregon/Close Oregon” escapade?

And... Newmar has made it clear that the purchase offer/acceptance took place suddenly in 2019. Not something long planned in advance.

I think, though it’s more a guess, that WBGO will add new or revised DP Class A models at some point. But who knows, eh?
Old 10-13-2019, 05:06 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Sounds like a new product line "NewWin"
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:31 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Unhappy Bad Winnebago

We were in Forest City, Iowa a month ago with issues that needed to be fixed. While we were there, we learned about the changes coming. In addition to dropping the Tour and Grand Tour, we found that they will be making only one triple axle Class A motor home. It is the Horizon and it is not at all like any other previous motor home. They have replaced the beautiful woodwork with these laminated shiny cabinets. Most of the people I talked to said it was ugly and cheap looking. In addition, they use a computer-like system to run everything including lights, electricity, etc. There was a 2018 Oregon made Horizon in for work while we were there and their list of problems was unbelievable. It was their 3rd visit and they still had to come back for a 3 week stay to have the whole roof replaced! I think, at that point, I would have suggested that Winnebago take this lemon back and replace it when they manage to make one in Forest City. I guess my husband and I won’t be buying a Winnebago Class A anytime soon. Too bad! We love our 2014 42QD.
Beanlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:39 PM   #9
Winnebago Tour 42QD

Thank you everyone who was interested enough to respond to my expensive. EXPENSIVE mistake. Winnebago no longer exists to us in any form. And never wil!
Old 10-13-2019, 10:11 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanlady View Post
Most of the people I talked to said it was ugly and cheap looking. In addition, they use a computer-like system to run everything including lights, electricity, etc.
The Horizon design was awarded “RV of the Year” in 2018 by the RV Industry trade group. A large number of folks find it very attractive, but it’s not for everyone, that’s true.

The “computer-like system” you mention is standard equipment on all mid-priced and above diesel motorhomes produced by virtually every manufacturer and has been for a few years now.

Yes it’s been reported that some of the Oregon-built Horizons are having some serious issues. Hopefully just teething pains of a brand new product.

Tags
winnebago