Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2019, 02:42 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Awning Dimensions

Hello everyone. New posted here.

My parents bought a 2005 Winnebago Aventurer 37B last year so they could snow bird down to Florida to spend a few months with me every winter.

I've been thinking about Christmas ideas for them and last year they mentioned how much they like the sun shades that attach to the awnings. I've been looking around, and it's pretty obvious that I'll need the dimensions before buying them a front sun shade. I've downloaded and read through the owners manual and spec sheet and all I could find on the awning was that it comes standard. I can't seem to find the dimensions.

Would anyone here happen to know, or know where I could find, the dimensions of the awning on a 2005 Winnebago Adventurer?

They're in Ohio and I am in Florida, so I can't exactly open it up and measure it myself, and of course if I ask them, they'll want to know what I want to know.

Appreciate any help.
slamb0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:51 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
I'd do one of two things. call Winnebago tech support and give them the VIN. figure out a way to wrangle the VIN from dad. or call whatever shade company you've settled on. we have a MagneShade primarily because it can be put up and down without drilling holes or the use of a ladder. installation should be available.

good luck and Merry Christmas.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:41 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Not to good with links but you may try this

http://www.winnebagoind.com/service/...05/5wpg37b.pdf

It came from this link
https://winnebagoind.com/service

It looks like a 19' awning but check it out
be happy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 08:19 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

The awning according to page 17 of the Winnebago parts manual, that Be Happy provided the link to, is 19 feet.

In Florida we have a lot of RV dealers and if you are in the Tampa Area you may be able to swing by Lazy Days and find one on their lot that you can measure up to be certain.

One has to be mindful though that the patio awning is an item that is prone to damage and replacement so just because the original was 19 feet long that does not 100% guarantee that it has not in the past 15 years been replaced with a longer or shorter one.

Tags
awning