Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2005, 03:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I have a new 36G Journey that has the driver information center. If the unit sets for the week or if I'm pluged into shore power for the weekend while camping,50 amp service,it does not seem to matter.When I start the coach I get an alarm for AUTO IDLE 13.7 VOLTS-THRESHOLD 13.4 VOLTS. I can hear a relay clicking and the volt meter fluctuates. Shut the coach down and restart and everything seems fine. Any ideas? Thanks for help. P.S. Called the dealer no clue no help.
pins66ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 03:00 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I have a new 36G Journey that has the driver information center. If the unit sets for the week or if I'm pluged into shore power for the weekend while camping,50 amp service,it does not seem to matter.When I start the coach I get an alarm for AUTO IDLE 13.7 VOLTS-THRESHOLD 13.4 VOLTS. I can hear a relay clicking and the volt meter fluctuates. Shut the coach down and restart and everything seems fine. Any ideas? Thanks for help. P.S. Called the dealer no clue no help.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:25 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Try calling Freightliner. Welcome to the forums!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:43 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

My unit does the same thing occasionally. After a few minutes the volt meter jumps up to about 14 volts and the screen clears. I figured it was a way of taking some load off the engine when starting on a cold morning by having the voltage regulator temporarily delay loading up the alternator. Or -- it just could be a screw-up.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:52 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We have had the same problem and I talked to Freightliner when I was there and the mechanic said that was common. 2 other thoughts while we are on this subject. When this first happened to me last year I found that by lightly touching the foot brake, the Caution disappeared. I also noticed that since I installed the new Freightliner display I no longer get that caution.
hogbreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 12:37 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I have the new Freightliner info center and still got the error message. Tapping the brake cancells the auto idle. If, as I suspect, this is a programmed feature of the auto idle to temporarily eliminate the alternator load under certain circumstances during warm up, cancelling the auto idle would also cancel the error message because the alternator would start charging. Bottom line is I don't think this is a problem.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:08 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the imformation. I also by accident tapped the brakes and it cancled the alarm.Guess I wont worry about it. Thanks again for the help. Chris Walters
Old 10-21-2005, 06:00 PM   #8
cwg
Winnebago Camper

You all have answered the question that I have often asked the Freightliner repair facility and Winnebago dealer. Neither knew the answer.

I can now take this issue off the list of "unresolved questions" on the rig. Now I will just tap the brake pedal.!!
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote