Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2005, 05:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We have a new Vectra which came with a dishwasher. Haven't used it yet, but am wondering whether it makes sense in an RV. My wife wants to remove it and put in a couple of drawers. Can someone who uses an RV dishwasher comment on the pros/cons?
Old 10-19-2005, 05:12 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We have a new Vectra which came with a dishwasher. Haven't used it yet, but am wondering whether it makes sense in an RV. My wife wants to remove it and put in a couple of drawers. Can someone who uses an RV dishwasher comment on the pros/cons?
Old 10-20-2005, 02:59 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

There's been some discussion of dishwashers here, and at rv.net. The drawer type unit (that's what you have in a 36RD, right?) uses very little water (2.5 gallons). It's on my list of wants for our Adventurer.

But if you do decide on drawers, Winnebago parts catalogs are great, you can get the drawers that would have been there if you didn't have the dishwasher, so it'll look right.

(And I'd might be interested in your barely used one if you did remove it...)

Tim.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 03:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

A friends Horizon came with the dishwasher and she swore she'd never use it and it was wasted space TIL she used it. Now she loves it and uses it alot including at GNR since it uses so little water.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 04:32 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

After three previous coaches void of one we would not have a motorhome without one now. The wife hates paper goods so we stocked the coach up with good quality plastic ware and as we use it it goes into the dishwasher (two teenage kids lol ), of course once full we run it. Depending on how dirty the load is, the quick econo mode does them in less water than you can hand wash with. If boondocking however you have to be real careful alond with all the other warer wasting items.

2005 40KD Horizon 400ISL
Lucchese1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:18 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I have 2 portable dishwashers, 12 and 14 years old , Wouldn't leave home with out them

Seattle, WA
rvcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:43 AM   #7

I have trouble getting my 2 portable dishwashers to start (the brands are "Anna" and "Stacey"). And they take a long time to clean the dishes. They are getting kinda old but I'm a bit fond of them...

Guess I need to get an automatic style?
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 04:28 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the replies, since some of you think it's a plus, maybe we should use the dishwaswher for a while before we decide to tear it out.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:00 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

We took ours out. We felt the drawer space was much more important. Glad we did so. We tailgate a lot during football season so most of the time we dry camp.

My wife and I have no regrets about our decision.
sprint213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 04:11 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Hey, my wife thinks we have a dishwasher...ME . I wish someone would tell her otherwise..

Ken