Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2005, 04:28 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Phone company here in Florida came out to hook up my phone line. Tech checked his lines, they are OK. Tried to call my on-board phone, no ring. Check lines again, went to main switching center, no problems. Checked continuity from rear phone jack in power bay to front phone jack, no continuity. Winnie has left something unfinished in phone circuity. Ran phone line in drivers door, works fine. Another PIA.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 04:28 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Phone company here in Florida came out to hook up my phone line. Tech checked his lines, they are OK. Tried to call my on-board phone, no ring. Check lines again, went to main switching center, no problems. Checked continuity from rear phone jack in power bay to front phone jack, no continuity. Winnie has left something unfinished in phone circuity. Ran phone line in drivers door, works fine. Another PIA.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:27 AM   #3

Homer,

You know, this situation happens more times then I care to hear about. It sounds like your like your no different then rest of us. There are things in our coaches that we just haven't used since we took delivery of them. For one reason or another we just haven't used them, then when the day comes, maybe like in your case and in mine, we decide to use the phone system and find that a jack or two don't work. Winnebago's reply to this "your coach is out of warranty". Yea, like warranty had any thing to do with it! Quality Control missed this and Quality Control should be responsible for it, and the Predelivery Inspection by the Dealer should have caught it.

If Quality Control performed a test of all systems before the vehicle left the factory and the Dealers backed those tests with their own tests, which is what we have paid for, I would imagine that 98% of the call backs and warranty claims would be eliminated. There will alawys be those instances when an item will fail for one reason or another, if that happens, we can only hope that it happens within the first 12 months.

Tomcat F15
Old 01-28-2005, 11:44 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Thanks for the thread and heads up Homer.
Have had my coach almost a year and have not checked out the jacks as I use a cell phone on the road.
You better believe because of you I'll check it within a week. Thanks again ,good miles and
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:04 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Tom Cat F-15: I am personally very tired of adding one more QC problem to my list. If I enumerated them all in one post, it would run on for a long time. Sure we all know and accept there are going to be a few screw ups in any thing as complex as one of these RV's. However, 90% of these things could and would have been caught, had the factory any assemblance of QC discipline. And yes they have corrected many during the warranty period. 75% of these gremlins do not show in that period of time. My coach was in the dealers shop at least 1/3 of the warranty time. I am still finding new ones on every trip. I might add my motor home is treated like a china doll. I will also add Ford did a fine job on their end, I have no problems with the chassis and I like it a lot. Finally, I hope you get just resoulution to your problems, I have been following your posts. Happier RV'g to you.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:01 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Glad I read this - I will make it a point to check every system initially, during the 12 months and especially the 12th month, before the warranty expiration!
Old 01-28-2005, 05:13 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Minnie - in my case the 12th month would be too late - regardless of when you call my dealer can't get you in for warranty work for "at least" 6 weeks. I'll be making my appointment for my final warranty work more than 6 weeks before my warranty ends. Last time they had the coach for 3 weeks and we had to delay our departure for Florida. To top it off they didn't do several fixes.