Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2006, 05:13 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Took a short trip last weekend. Enroute had to make an abrupt stop--thought nothing of it. An hour later, when arriving at our destination my wife noticed wet carpets by the bathroom. Checking further she informed me that the toilet bowl was full to the brim with water. What happened was I keep the black bag in the washer closet in front of the toilet. The abrupt stop caused it to fly forward and jam under the foot lever. This in turn caused the bowl to fill without opening the drain--emptied my water tank. Just thought I'd pass on a good reason to leave the pump switch off while traveling or keep the black bag somewhere else.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:13 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Took a short trip last weekend. Enroute had to make an abrupt stop--thought nothing of it. An hour later, when arriving at our destination my wife noticed wet carpets by the bathroom. Checking further she informed me that the toilet bowl was full to the brim with water. What happened was I keep the black bag in the washer closet in front of the toilet. The abrupt stop caused it to fly forward and jam under the foot lever. This in turn caused the bowl to fill without opening the drain--emptied my water tank. Just thought I'd pass on a good reason to leave the pump switch off while traveling or keep the black bag somewhere else.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:42 AM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

OUCH!!

We've decided to start keeping the black bag on the passenger seat up front when we go to bed...That way if someone comes in the door in the middle of the night I'll just whack 'em with it....Ought to do the trick!!

(Actually,the bag is a great idea from Winnebago to keep all the pertinent info in one place, just havin' a lil fun!)
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:31 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

What a crazy thing to happen!

While it is a problem storing that "infamous" WGO Blackbag, there's no doubt that it's a great way to store all the information and manuals.

I actually started a small three ring binder that I added to the black bagg with the various "fix it" and "helpful" tips from this forum.

I'm luck, I can store mine behind the curb side couch.

Aventa II Tow Bar/Apollo Braking
El Jeffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:59 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Ed Gardiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I keep mine behind the driver seat,it is full of folders for each vendor and manufacture.
Ed Gardiser
Escondido,Ca.
04 Vectra
87 Nissan PickUp
FMCA
Ed Gardiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

this almost sounds like a Rube Goldberg, without it being funny though. sorry but a good preventative is always better than a cure.terry
Old 04-03-2006, 03:12 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Great story Flyer! LOL !
We keep ours in the cabinet above the couch, in the big slide. But it's getting heavy, maybe 12 pounds now (?!!!), and I may start looking for a lower place for it to live. Possibly under the dinette seat.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:11 AM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

Mine's under the dinette...although lately it's been on the dinette table as I've been IN it...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 05:45 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for the "heads up" Flyer. Whew!! bad pun.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:31 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

I have a Journey 32T and put my black bag on the floor between the cabinet and the head of the bed on the curb side of the MH. That is "dead" space and out of the way.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:24 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
OUCH!!

We've decided to start keeping the black bag on the passenger seat up front when we go to bed...That way if someone comes in the door in the middle of the night I'll just whack 'em with it....Ought to do the trick!!

(Actually,the bag is a great idea from Winnebago to keep all the pertinent info in one place, just havin' a lil fun!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a great idea. You could also tell the theif it's the DW's purse and hand it to them out a window. As the theif is trying to drag it off in the dark you will have time to call 911 and time for the police to arrive.

We keep ours on the left side of the drivers seat but maybe it should be moved. I can now see the bag could slide forward and into the motor home brake or gas pedels.

Thanks!

JD & Kathy
JD Allen is offline   Reply With Quote