Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2005, 03:32 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I'll be staying at two sites this year around the 4,000' level, for two months periods each. In getting there, I'll be traveling at times above 7,000'. Are there any adjustments I need to make to my 2004 Itasca Suncruiser 38R to compensate for the altitude different (I'm normally at about 700')?

2004 Itasca Suncruiser 38R
cghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:32 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I'll be staying at two sites this year around the 4,000' level, for two months periods each. In getting there, I'll be traveling at times above 7,000'. Are there any adjustments I need to make to my 2004 Itasca Suncruiser 38R to compensate for the altitude different (I'm normally at about 700')?

Old 02-03-2005, 04:23 AM   #3

At first first I thought you were refering to an attitude adjustment, I had to put my glasses on to clarify that.

Now on to your question,
The only thing I know of is lowering the number in you sleep number bed if you have one, in fact you should do it before you do head to the higher elevation.

Tomcat F15
Remember, what goes up, must come down.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:39 AM   #4
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tomcat F15:
I do know of some people who could use an attitude adjustment .... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Tomcat F15, I'm wondering why you take "every possible opportunity" to be counter productive. You have a great amount of incite that can better be applied toward finding solutions rather than wasting time in condescending commentary.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 05:50 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

About the only other thing you may have to do is, adjust the flame on the gas water heater. Some are more sensitive to altitude than others. Wait till you get there to do that.

2012 Honda CRV / M&G Braking
bill jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 06:12 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Tomcat15 - It took me awhile to stop laughing - and perhaps what you originally thought was correct anyway!!! I suspect that being a military retiree it was easier for me to laugh at anyway. I knew about the sleep number bed, but glad you reminded me. Other than adjusting the hot water heater when I get to Utah, it sounds like I'm pretty much ok. Incidentally, I really like the image of the F-15 coming out of the clouds.

Old 02-03-2005, 06:24 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

If you run your generator when up there you may have to adjust the caruretor. The Onan Marquis Gold series has an altitude setting right on the carburetor that is calibrated in thousands of feet. At higher altitudes the carb will run rich so you need to lean it out. Be sure to return it back when you return though or else you'll run too lean and burn valves when you return to the low country.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 11:38 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Speaking of attitude adjustments. My wife and I live at 1000 feet msl and our cabin in Buffalo Wy is at 8000 feet. We've noticed that if we drive directly out there nonstop that on day two of our arrival we'll be real sluggish. I'm told that it's a light form of altitude sickness. So if you get up in the mountains and start looking around for the divorce papers. Just give it 24-48 hours. By the way, there is a drug you can take for this and it is awful stuff. Better to just read a book.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:28 PM   #9

DriVer,

I adjust my atitude regarding that reply, I'm sorry if it was out of character.

cghost,

The Air Craft is a Navy Super Hornet F18 at the point of just breaking the sound barrier and creating sonic boom. Typical of Navy Pilots to Going Beyond the call of duty.

Tomcat F15
Old 02-03-2005, 05:45 PM   #10
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tomcat F15:
The Air Craft is a Navy Super Hornet F18 at the point of just breaking the sound barrier and creating sonic boom. Typical of Navy Pilots to Going Beyond the call of duty. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's why NAVY wings are made of Gold.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote