Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2019, 08:35 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

No but I heard at a RV show that they will only have the Vista and Horizon nothing in between.
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:14 AM   #22
Site Team

Adventurer, Vista, Forza, and Horizon at this time for sure.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:37 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2013 Meridian/Tour 42e, and there really isn't any place for me to go "up" in the Winnebago line anymore. Realistically the Horizon is a mid-level coach like mine, but with a euro style interior that is innovative yes, but not for everyone.

I look for things like the side of the slides being painted, the technical features like independent front suspension (IFS), all the things the Horizon used to have, that are now gone. Why did they cheapen it up on the feature side?

I look at the Adventurer that gets re-introduced in name only, as it's just a painted over version of a lesser model, not the top of the line gasser Class A it used to be.

I'm almost hoping Winnebago never brings back the Tour or the Journey - I'm afraid of what they may look like and that they may take away from the icons they are today.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:14 AM   #24
Site Team

I agree. It’s sad to see the lack of focus on Class A’s at Winnebago. Hopefully this is just for the short term, but Newmar is expanding floor plan options, and Tiffin is adding an option for the Liquid Spring suspension. When they get back in the game, they will have some catching up to do! Still, I love my 2017 Adventurer and am grateful we bought it when we did.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #25
Site Team

Me three.

Blind luck to get a great 2017 Adventurer. If we want to upgrade it would be a Tiffin or Newmar. I love my Winnebago and am sad to see that I’d be forced out.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:03 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

I'm on that same "grateful train" regarding the 2017 Adventurer. From my perspective Winnebago has made improvement in the quality of their build - comparing our 2010 Adventurer to the 2017. Far fewer issues with the current one.

And yes they seem to be playing a bit of a shell game with models, features, name changes, etc. But those with experience will see right through that - as this thread demonstrates.

At the end of the day each Manufacturer will make changes based on what they think will drive future sales. Not every one will agree with those changes and may choose a different model. Think for a moment about all the vehicles you have owned through the years. Are they all the same brand, or have you purchased based on features and options? I am in the later category. so if at some point I want to get a new RV I will look at whats out there that provides the best fit....and it may be Winnebago, but not based on their current offerings.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:43 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

My advice to anyone considering dropping 100K + for a new MH is to plan a trip to Forest City, camp out Sun-Wed nights and "go for coffee" at the service center every morning from 7-11. You have a captive audience and can "listen in" on the conversations between owners and the techs. As an example of what I heard during my last visit...a full wall slide can require 5 workers to maneuver it during service. That by itself would scare me away from buying any RV with such a risk. Some folks are in Forest City for a week+ trying to get their rigs fixed. We bought a new Class C in Oct '16 and have already been to Forest City 3 or 4 times. They come through but it isn't fun or inexpensive. At least the "C" is relatively easy to service compared to some of the bigger Class As.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 07:56 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

How hard is it to get in for a service appointment?
Old 05-02-2019, 08:37 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Service in Forest City

1) Call in and make an appointment. (We made our Apr 24 2019 appointment in early January. They sent us an email confirmation and parking pass for the parking area to use the night before).

2) Walk in. Depending on how busy they are and what your service needs are, you may or may not have good results.

3) They take some as "drop offs". We live 2 hours away so tried that once.

My take on the overall situation is that rigs (especially CL A) have gotten so big, so fancy, and so complicated...very difficult to service when things go wrong. A tech told me during a service visit that they see fewer issues with the Class C units.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:52 PM   #30
Site Team

WBGO is in northern Iowa. If you want an appointment in Jan/Feb you can get right in. If you want an appointment between May and October you should call 6 to 8 months prior.

They do take walk-ins. But during busy times you could wait a week or so to get in. We went last May. We called in November for the appointment. They allotted us 3-days to get everything done. But we were done in a day and a half. So a walk-in with a short list of problems got our remaining time. But they had been waiting for 4-days at that point.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:08 AM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Thanks we are traveling and not sure when we will be there. We have a 2017 Forza and the plastic drag chain under the slide broke. It’s not a very good design. It gets caught up in a hole under couch. We already had to replace the toilet as the foot petal broke twice.