Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2008, 07:21 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I just bought a used 07 Winnebago 35j, even though I did buy it from a dealer and they gave me a pretty good walk-thru I still have some questions. There is a switch that is labeled "Shoreline and Generator" pretty self explanitory when you are plugged in have it on shoreline and when using the generator have it the switch on the generator position. But when I am plugged in it doesn't seem to matter if the switch is in generator or shoreline position, everything seems to work the same. What is this switch suppose to do?

The dinnette/couch slide doesn't slide out evenly/smoothly, the couch end of it gets hung up and then breaks free and this keeps happening as it is opens and closes. I read in the owners manual that there is some kind of syncrinazation mechinizism for the slide, is there a why to reset it, it seems to be out of sync.

I have many more questions but I will wait to ask the rest. Thank you for your help.
steve R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:21 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I just bought a used 07 Winnebago 35j, even though I did buy it from a dealer and they gave me a pretty good walk-thru I still have some questions. There is a switch that is labeled "Shoreline and Generator" pretty self explanitory when you are plugged in have it on shoreline and when using the generator have it the switch on the generator position. But when I am plugged in it doesn't seem to matter if the switch is in generator or shoreline position, everything seems to work the same. What is this switch suppose to do?

The dinnette/couch slide doesn't slide out evenly/smoothly, the couch end of it gets hung up and then breaks free and this keeps happening as it is opens and closes. I read in the owners manual that there is some kind of syncrinazation mechinizism for the slide, is there a why to reset it, it seems to be out of sync.

I have many more questions but I will wait to ask the rest. Thank you for your help.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:17 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I do not know if you have a 30 amp service or 50 amp service. With the 30 amp service that switch would normally affect operation of 1 or 2 air conditioners. On 30 amp shorepower you can usually only run the front air conditioner, with the generator running you can then run both units.

If you are able to read prints, the electrical diagrams are available for download from Winnebago for your coach.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:16 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

steve R, it sounds like you might have a Sightseer with two roof airs (??). Where is your switch, inside along the hallway? I thought Winnie eliminated those switches in the early '90s, but I could be wrong. In the past, that switch would allow you to run both roof airs when the generator is running. But my present coach is only 30 amp and I can run both roof airs whether on shore power or generatot; -my coach doesn't have that switch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The dinnette/couch slide doesn't slide out evenly/smoothly, the couch end of it gets hung up and then breaks free and this keeps happening as it is opens and closes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you say "breaks free", this tells me something is hanging up then breaking loose. That is not a matter of equalization. Suggest you watch outside while someone operates the slide switch inside. This might have to be fixed by the dealer...

Good luck.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by troth:
steve R, it sounds like you might have a Sightseer with two roof airs (??). Where is your switch, inside along the hallway? I thought Winnie eliminated those switches in the early '90s, but I could be wrong. In the past, that switch would allow you to run both roof airs when the generator is running. But my present coach is only 30 amp and I can run both roof airs whether on shore power or generatot; -my coach doesn't have that switch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My '05 Sightseer has that specific switch, near the refrigerator, in the hall area.
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks everybody for your reply. The switch is located in the hallway near the refrigerator. and it is a 30 mamp service. My first and only camping trip I was plugged in to shore power and ran both A/C at the same time with no problem.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:18 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

The switch only effects the rear A/C. When using the rear A/C your supposed to set the switch to your current power source (shoreline or Gen). I think it helps with the power management system. It has no effect on the rest of the electrical system.
mrb604 is offline   Reply With Quote