Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I'm just curious if anybody has a new 35A 05 model, Winne or Itasca?

I really like the floor plan but am looking for some input
LaZBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 01:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I'm just curious if anybody has a new 35A 05 model, Winne or Itasca?

I really like the floor plan but am looking for some input
Old 03-03-2005, 03:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We have the 2005 34A Sightseer; we liked the floor plan the best. Now we just need to get back from the shop. See http://irv2.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2486094452/m/3881006131
Old 03-29-2005, 11:34 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reply Admin New PM! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We just purchased our 35A on March 6th. Have not been able to take it out for a trip yet but have driven it around short trips and really like it so far.
rving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:15 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Just picked up our Itasca 35A Suncruiser last week from Lewis RV in Dayton, OH. Drove it home to Laurel,MD by way of Niagara Falls, NY. (about 800 miles) and enjoyed every bit of the trip. Very easy to drive and rode well (P22 Workhorse &8.1 GM engine) Pulled Jeep Liberty and had plenty of pedal. Even with 3 slides it has over 1200 CCC.

Wife loves the fact that the kitchen slides out. Makes it very roomy inside. I was a little skeptical about the fact that the slide out comes out into the area under the awning, but interior room addition far outweights loss of space under awning. (very minmal)

Prefered Itasca over Winnagbo. Seemed to have nicer interior appointments. Nicer driver seats, ceder lined closet among others. But to each his own.

IMHO - go with the 3 slides.
Dave & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 06:01 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Update on our 35A Itasca Suncrusier w/3 slides.
Have driven a little over 800 miles, and really like the unit preforms and handles. We chose the Itasca for inteior colors and design (DW)
Still reading all the manuals and info alot to learn. so far its everything we had expected.
rving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 06:14 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I have gone back and looked again. I really like it except for a few minor issues. We use the shower for a place for the litter box. My wife thinks more of the cat than she does me. Anyway, I wonder if I can cut a hole in the shower door?

The basement storeage looked small. I've got to check that out again.

The recliner seemed uncomfortable (as you can see from my user name, I am a lazboy dealer. I'm probably too picky about the furniture. I just don't understand why these better coaches can't have better fabrics and more comfortable seats. That slick leather like stuff on the drivers and passenger seats scares me a lot. Leather is so inexpensive now-------Winnebago and all the other coach people really should look into switching over to the real thing.

I am very worried about handling. I don't want to have to put on steering stabelizers, etc. Also concerned about the basement air being able to keep me cool in the hot sun in the deep south. Altnhough everybody seems to really like the basement air.

Enough.

Hope you enjoy your coach
Old 04-03-2005, 07:32 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Dave & Mary,and rving, Welcome to the forum an Congratulations on your new coachs Look over this site, any questions we are all here to help.---"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 07:16 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thanks "007". This forum has already provided good, sound, information for us.
Dave & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote