Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2004, 04:00 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We are considering selling our truck/camper combo and moving up to a Class C.

I have been looking on-line at the:
27L
Sightseer 27C
Minnie 29B
Minnie 27P

Would anyone like to comment on these possibilities?

Also, I would guess the dealer markup is about 30%. Is this what you have found?

Thanks
Old 12-17-2004, 04:00 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We are considering selling our truck/camper combo and moving up to a Class C.

I have been looking on-line at the:
27L
Sightseer 27C
Minnie 29B
Minnie 27P

Would anyone like to comment on these possibilities?

Also, I would guess the dealer markup is about 30%. Is this what you have found?

Thanks
Old 12-17-2004, 04:35 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Hi Scooter, we just got a 2004 Minnie 32G. It is just the right size for the four of us. The floor plan is exactly what we were looking for. We lucked out and found one that the dealer wanted to move so he wouldn't have to pay the taxes on it, it was on his lot for quite a while. I guess he sells more Jayco class C's but most of his A's are Winnebago's.
I would say to make sure whatever you buy is going to allow you to be comfortable!
Old 12-17-2004, 05:20 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

As far as buying goes. I found it very useful to have some internet found prices in hand when shopping locally. Putting the make and model you're after into Google will give you a good feel of what the prices being advertised are. Crestwood RV in New York is a place that'll pop up, they offer good prices, but they don't have any of the Minnie's your asking about online right now though.

Here's one I did find:
http://tinyurl.com/4eau4
It's a Itasca Spirit 29B at Lewis RV in Ohio. 75% of MSRP, a good deal.

On the 27C Sightseer. I wanted a small class A. Found that going up to the 30-31 foot length that we got much more. (Larger slide, bigger tanks, couch and dinnete.) You'd also be talking a P30 Workhorse vs. a W20, argueably a lesser chassis. We've got a 31Y Adventurer (Winnebago dropped it for 2005, our gain since we got our 2004 about a year ago), love it, came from a 28' foot C though, not a trailer (well camped in a trailer for one summer, when I was 7 I think). But we started looking at 30B Sightseer. If it had a driver's door, we'd probably own that today.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 05:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Scooter,

We too are considering moving up (longer Class C). In particular we are looking seriously at a Minnie 29B. The BT Cruiser has served us well but looking for a permanent rear bed.

Minnie 29B has two small slides and my main concern is the allowable CCC. Preliminary calculations indicate something on the order of 500 lb. That may be marginal considering the amt. of "stuff" I like to have along. Otherwise the floor plan appears to suit our needs.

BTW, if you are thinking you can get 30% off MSRP I think that's a little high. Figures I've seen are 20 - 25% off is a great deal.

Good luck in your search. Hope some Minnie owners respond to your message.

Chuck/LaBelle, FL
CWQnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 06:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Rig listed below. Have been totally satified for the two of us. We had a couch installed at the time we bought it. (Not a option at the time, is now). Just figured it would work better for when we wanted to watch tv. Otherwise, it's been great. By the way, our ccc is right @ 895 allowing for water deduct. We get close sometimes, but then I have the wife clean out all stuff she buys on the trips and we're okay again.

If you can get the light wood, would recommend same.

At the time we bought, got 28% off.

Best,
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:50 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We bought a new 2004 Sightseer 27C two days ago. MSRP was $80K and we paid $62.4K, plus T&L.

It came with the dinette and we will try it out, converting to a bed/lounge a few times, before we see about removing it and installing something else.

There is a cargo compartment right next to the entry steps where the two 12 volt coach batteries (not really true deep cycle) are located. We want to replace them with two Interstate Group 29 and add two more in this compartment along with a Xantrex/Freedom 2000 watt inverter/charger. A Link 1000 monitor and a charge controller will complete the setup.

If my calculations are correct we will have 880 amp hours to play with and the Onan generator should recharge to 90% capacity in a half-hour or so, if we discharge the batteries to 12.2V.