Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2016, 01:49 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

If Winnebago is eliminating the Itasca brand they need to quickly get rid of the Itasca models. Go to the Winnebago website and see both the Winnebago Brave and Winnebago Tribute is IMO just stupid and confusing to new shoppers. The only difference being paint and color schemes.
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:27 AM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
If Winnebago is eliminating the Itasca brand they need to quickly get rid of the Itasca models. Go to the Winnebago website and see both the Winnebago Brave and Winnebago Tribute is IMO just stupid and confusing to new shoppers. The only difference being paint and color schemes.

I agree 100% Sadly one of Winnebago's biggest problems has always been updating their website. They are always terribly behind on the updates.
MotoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:29 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX13 View Post
I agree 100% Sadly one of Winnebago's biggest problems has always been updating their website. They are always terribly behind on the updates.
My understanding that they are going to keep both model lines and that is how they are overcoming the franchise agreements talked about earlier. If the franchise were previously Itasca they will carry the former Itasca models and the previous Winnebago dealers will only carry the standard Winnebago models.

So although the website might not be up to date in all areas it is not incorrect to list both model lines.

Mike
mikelcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:30 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

I have been shopping for several months and decided on the 2016 Itasca Solei. Unbeknownst to me all that time I was looking at the 2015 models on Winnebago's website, which did show ITASCA on the coach front, even though they stopped making 2015 models last March. Then in December they finally change the details and pictures with the 2016 models and now calling it the "Solei From Winnebago" with 2015 paint colors gone and new colors for the 2016 model. Exterior colors are now all identical to the Forza but interior colors are still different between the Forza and Solei. At this point I don't see any reason to keep identical sister models. And what a marketing mismanagement!!!
Suzuki Burgman scooter on the rack
RV Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:52 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

For those of you saying the Country Coach acquisition will turn Winnebago more upscale, the Grand Tour has an MSRP of $460,000 - how much more upscale do you need? Also, I just went on Country Coach's website and it does not identify the models they make. Why are they hiding them?
Old 02-17-2016, 03:52 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Vagabond View Post
For those of you saying the Country Coach acquisition will turn Winnebago more upscale, the Grand Tour has an MSRP of $460,000 - how much more upscale do you need? Also, I just went on Country Coach's website and it does not identify the models they make. Why are they hiding them?
Haven't looked at the country coach site in awhile , but they have been out of production for several years .. They don't have any "models" in production! Until Winnebago designs them and starts building again. Country coach is / was present only as a service shop, and a dream of restarting production by its owner. Selling to Winnebago may make that happen. Until that happens Winnebago will move diesel production to the almost empty country coach facility, freeing production for the more common gas units in forest river
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:57 AM   #27
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Vagabond View Post
Interesting question. Apparently there is no limit to how much SOME people will spend to have the latest and greatest bells & whistles + luxury items seldom found in upscale sticks & bricks. Almost every manufacturer has at least one model, or more, that START at MSRPs approaching a half million. Newmar, for one, has several

Back on topic, I think it will be very interesting to see what, if anything, WBGO ever does with the CC brand they bought.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:20 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

My 2016 Itasca 33c, says Winnebago on the front.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0685.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	380.4 KB
ID:	120673  
KTM251ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:14 AM   #29
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM251ss View Post
Congrats on the new coach. Looks like it is time to update your signature info line
Old 03-12-2016, 09:29 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

Do any of you have a 2016 Solei? Is it an Itasca or a Winnebago? Many dealer websites say they have 2016 Itasca Solei models for sale, but the 2016 Solei I just bought says Winnebago on the front with the word Itasca nowhere. Looks to me like maybe they changed the 2016 Solei's from Itasca to Winnebago mid-year. Their brochure calls it the "Solei from Winnebago".
Old 03-12-2016, 10:58 PM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM251ss View Post

Congrats on a fantastic looking 33C, to a (I assume) fellow "Katoom" rider!
I used to race 'em years ago.

Regards and safe travels,
W.D.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca