Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-14-2019, 08:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

19 Adventurer vs 18 Sunova

I am researching a 19 Adventurer 33c compared to 18 Sunova 33c. I have two deals pending and am trying to see what the differences are and owner opinions. I am coming over to Big W from Thor ( thats another story). I welcome your input etc.
Gbland7424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:14 AM   #2
Site Team

There could be a lot of differences. If so the 2018 would be far superior.

It depends on when the Sunova was built. The 2019 Adventurer was really a lower model, the Vista LX, that got renamed in 2019.

Is the Sunova a Winnebago or an Itasca? It could be either or both, really.

It’s a long story, but look at the inside ceiling of both RVs. If you see the AC return inside the Adventurer but not in the Sunova then the Sunova is the much better RV.

Those two models are right on the cusp of large changes in those two years.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

The Sunova is a Winnebago. When I called Winnebago and spoke to the marketing department I was told that the Adventurer was a higher end model and the Sunova was being discontinued and the inventory at the dealer was it. The Adventurer seems to be better appointed. But I am comparing this to my current Thor product. I assume that the quality build is the same on each model?
Old 07-14-2019, 11:53 AM   #4
Site Team

Sorry, I was confusing the Sunova with the Suncruiser.

So, in this case the Adventurer is probably the better choice.

Here's the deal.

Between 2018 and 2019 Winnebago made a LOT of name changes and readjusted the lineup rankings.

First off, a Sunova was an Itasca branded RV (mid-level gas). Itasca was a Winnebago "sub-brand" for decades. But in 2018 WBGO dropped the entire Itasca line. And for that year's production you'd find Winnebago Sunova's when previously to 2018 they were all Itasca Sunovas. And now they've been discontinued entirely.

The original Adventurer was the top-level model Gas motorhome. In 2018 they discontinued them entirely. Then to everyone's surprise it reappeard in the line up in 2019. But it wasn't the same level of RV at all. They had renamed a lower model, what was the Sightseer in 2018, as the 2019 Adventurer.

My confusing the Sunova with the Suncruiser was an issue because when they made the high level Adventurer they offered an identical model as an Itasca Suncruiser. After the "old" Adventurer was dropped there were some Suncruisers still made but with now with Winnebago naming not Itasca.

So, my first comments were based on my initial mistake of mixing up the Sunova and Suncruiser models.

I think the Sunova line was equal to the Sightseer line.

So the two models - New Adventurer and the old Sunova - are very similar, but when they turned the Sightseer into the Adventurer they added a few extras that were not on the older model RV.

Sorry, it's confusing and I've made a mess of it by thinking Suncruiser when you were saying Sunova.

Wow, I have not helped at all, have I?
Old 07-14-2019, 02:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your replying. Everything about RV's Manufacturers and their sub-brands is confusing. Bottomline Winnebago should be a MUCH better product than my current Thor Product. I will research the Sightseer as well to see if there were any major red flags.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:06 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbland7424 View Post
I am researching a 19 Adventurer 33c compared to 18 Sunova 33c. I have two deals pending and am trying to see what the differences are and owner opinions. I am coming over to Big W from Thor ( thats another story). I welcome your input etc.
Chassis: Ford F53 same engine and transmission for 2018 and 2019 No difference.

Coach: Same construction and materials for 2018 and 2019 so far as basement, walls, and roof is concerned. Both likely have the padded interior ceiling liner - that could be a difference.

The Sightseer and Sunova 33C were identical the only difference was in available cabinet finishes, fabric finishes, and flooring. The Adventurer brand replaced the Sightseer, Sunova, Vista LX, and Sunstar LX brands. The Adventurer was not a redeign of any of these - there is almost no difference between any of the former brands and the Adventurer brand for a given model #. The Adventurer did introduce some additonal options for some of the shorter floor plans in particular Winnebago made 50 Amp and 2 air conditoners an option on the shorter models that formerly were only available as 30 amp and 1 AC.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the information. I am picking up the Adventurer 33C on Thursday.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:46 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Does it have the King Bed with Washer/Dryer?
sduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 02:14 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Sorry for the delay in replying.... yes it has both.

Tags
adventurer, vent