Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2007, 06:22 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone ever attended one of the WIT Rallies ie. Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta or the Christmas in Branson Rally??. Are they worth the $$ Were they fun and would you do it again. Any feedback would be appreciated.
jimo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:22 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone ever attended one of the WIT Rallies ie. Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta or the Christmas in Branson Rally??. Are they worth the $$ Were they fun and would you do it again. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:35 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
I've only done the state and regional rallies. The Balloon Rally is on our future to do list though. You might want to also post your question in the WIT Club Discussion forum.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I will do that , Thanks
Old 04-27-2007, 07:13 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

We attended the New York rally in 2001, Washington DC rally in 2003, Mardi Gras rally in 2005 ...

They were great ...

WIT has lots of activities and nice meals packed into the time ... it is great to be picked up at the RV park and driven to the activities ... and they know what are the great things to see in the area ....

We will probably attend more rallies in the future
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:36 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

In 2005 we looked at WIT vs. the Balloon Festival on our own and went with the later. You can make camping reservations through the Festival's web site, and over all on our own was much less expensive. We also felt that the WIT trip lasted too many days. Free buses to the Festival grounds serviced the camping area, or it's a great walk full of exercise. There are pros and cons for going either way, but it is a "must go" no matter which way you choose. An absolutely awesome sight!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:56 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I agree with Cheryl Bisson's post. We did the same thing concerning the Balloon Fiesta. We made our own arrangements and saved several hundred dollars and actually stayed in the Presidents lot which is a little more expensive. But worth every dollar! I highly recommend it. You just have short walk to the edge of the mound and have one heckuva view! We were out there before sunrise with our chairs & hot coffee. We WILL go again!!

Haven't attended a WIT rally yet...so I can't comment on that, except to say that we plan to, someday soon.
Jeanne M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:13 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Been to Alaska with WIT, outstanding caravan, also been to Puerto Penasco and Branson. Can probably go a little cheaper, but I have heard very few complaints from a lot of friends who have attended. They usually give more than advertised. Now signed up for the upper Michigan.
WIT 70041
DonGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:49 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
We've done the Branson Rally and the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. We've also done the Alaska Caravan. We were in Albuquerque in 2006. Yes, you could go for a little cheaper, but when you add in all of the extra tours, meals, and entertainment, I thought that it was a good deal.

The Alaska Caravan was fantastic, and the Branson Rally was very good. You get into the shows early, and you have great seats.

WIT is good because they are only recovering costs unlike other tour companies.

Have fun.

W8RLM - Bob
Old 05-03-2007, 02:59 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Have attended 4 Wit rallys, Alaska,Calgary stampead,Atlantic Canada, and the Balloon fiest.
Wit does an excelent job on the caravans. You might think your over paying, but if you add up all the attractions, transportations to them, meals that are included, you might be suprised at the costs. Do it on your own, you dont get the good seats, waste time looking for the attractions. Granted they are not for everyone, but if you check out the what is offered by Wit, you'll go with them, I know I'll go again with them.This is one part of Mother Winny, that I cannot complain about.
richierich is offline   Reply With Quote