Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

YES im eating crow. Brian at winnebago has agreed to fix my ac duct(IF its at a reasonable cost)and Im a happy camper. I've been fighting this ac problem since I bought my mh new and I believe the problem was a leaking ac duct that probly started small and has gotten bigger over time. While I was turned down at first another member asked me to try again and I did. YES SIR, my next mh will be a WINNEBAGO. THANK YOU BRIAN AND THANK YOU WINNEBAGO. Now thats customer service. P.s. I will also tell you Winnebago does read these post. He read mine.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

YES im eating crow. Brian at winnebago has agreed to fix my ac duct(IF its at a reasonable cost)and Im a happy camper. I've been fighting this ac problem since I bought my mh new and I believe the problem was a leaking ac duct that probly started small and has gotten bigger over time. While I was turned down at first another member asked me to try again and I did. YES SIR, my next mh will be a WINNEBAGO. THANK YOU BRIAN AND THANK YOU WINNEBAGO. Now thats customer service. P.s. I will also tell you Winnebago does read these post. He read mine.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Yes they do and Bryan is one of those guys that wears a white hat They try real hard to do the right and reasonable thing as you have witnessed.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jdsr:
YES im eating crow. Brian at winnebago has agreed to fix my ac duct(IF its at a reasonable cost)and Im a happy camper. I've been fighting this ac problem since I bought my mh new and I believe the problem was a leaking ac duct that probly started small and has gotten bigger over time. While I was turned down at first another member asked me to try again and I did. YES SIR, my next mh will be a WINNEBAGO. THANK YOU BRIAN AND THANK YOU WINNEBAGO. Now thats customer service. P.s. I will also tell you Winnebago does read these post. He read mine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Is that the duct that goes up the back of the RV from the basement a/c to the ceiling? I heard a lot of them have leaks.
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:11 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mbl Cndo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jdsr:
YES im eating crow. Brian at winnebago has agreed to fix my ac duct(IF its at a reasonable cost)and Im a happy camper. I've been fighting this ac problem since I bought my mh new and I believe the problem was a leaking ac duct that probly started small and has gotten bigger over time. While I was turned down at first another member asked me to try again and I did. YES SIR, my next mh will be a WINNEBAGO. THANK YOU BRIAN AND THANK YOU WINNEBAGO. Now thats customer service. P.s. I will also tell you Winnebago does read these post. He read mine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Is that the duct that goes up the back of the RV from the basement a/c to the ceiling? I heard a lot of them have leaks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yes, thats the supply duct to the basement air
Old 05-30-2008, 04:41 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I am dealing with them now on some issues and they are being responsive to my situation. Though not resolved, I feel that they are working to help me. That is a good thing.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Just as a point of information on the basement air. All of the values at the output and return in the coach are right on, but I have noticed a lot of blow under the unit itself on the side of the coach underneath the unit. Is this normal? All else seems to be good.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:27 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

lthrnk:

Yes that air blowing is normal under the rig. In fact, if you park in a very dry or dusty site, it will kick up some dust.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:19 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smlranger:
lthrnk:

Yes that air blowing is normal under the rig. In fact, if you park in a very dry or dusty site, it will kick up some dust. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Another point is to raise the bed and the floor in the bed storage area and look under the plywood where the air intake filter in. You'll find a lot of openings that are not covered by the filter. We had to close off those "holes" to ensure air routed properly through the filter.
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:17 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lthrnk:
Just as a point of information on the basement air. All of the values at the output and return in the coach are right on, but I have noticed a lot of blow under the unit itself on the side of the coach underneath the unit. Is this normal? All else seems to be good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> yes ,the fan blows air underneath the unit. Thats normal. I was talking about the supply duct behind the rear cap.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:32 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

What is Brian's number? I need to talk to him about my leaks. One of which I have been fighting for two years now ever since I bought it new.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Just call Winnebago and ask for Service Administration.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:32 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

well I went today to pick up the mh. I thought I would have to pay part of the bill. But to my amazement it was covered in full by winnebago. I will be a winn cust for life. While this probly only cost them 500-1000 dollors its the fact that they cared enough to keep me as a customer to do it. That was probly the smartest 500.00 dollors they have spent because I will be buying another winn in the near future. I would also like to thank camping world in north charleston. They were real pro's and treated me like a customer likes to be treated.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:56 AM   #14
Foz
Winnebago Camper

We had our duct work repaired in March @ Lazydays courtesy of Winnie as well! They have come through a few times ofr us...sometimes with some coaxing. Starting to look at new units now...Winnie first!
Old 06-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

Wish they could/would fix my air conditioner problem I've had since new. They claimed to have fixed it 2 years ago while in Forest City, but the problem is still there. Any time the outside air temp it around 72 or a little lower and inside temp is 76-78 and air conditioner is needed, the compressors and fan will run for a few minutes, shut off for a few minutes, run for a few minutes, shut off for a few minutes, and this may keep up all afternoon even though the inside temp may never drop below 74-76 while the thermostat is set at 72. If the outside temp is in the upper 70s or in the 80s, the air conditioner works perfect.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:21 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

My coaches basement AC was doing the exact same thing as yours and I to was real frustrated, in the winter it is not as big of problem but still when the temp is 78 outside and you feel the need to age meat in your coach @62 it should do it. I will pick it up on Monday from the repair shop highly recomended by an RVP tech. They pulled the unit out after not being able to initially find the problem and I was told it was a few problems. The blower fan had a bad bearing but the main problem was the temperature sensing switches, or what ever they are called, were causing the unit to send bad signals to the thermostat thus causing it to shut down early. I will also have them check the ducting as recomended! I will get all the repair details and pass them along!

Ben!

2005 40KD Horizon 400ISL
Lucchese1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

Will definitely be watching for your details. Assume since the unit is out of warranty this will all be your cost, or do you have an extended warranty that will cover it. My first call back when the problem first showed up was to RVP, and was told they had never heard of this problem, would look into it and call me back. That was 3 1/2 years ago and I still haven't heard from them.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
Old 06-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

well I went today to pick up the mh. I thought I would have to pay part of the bill. But to my amazement it was covered in full by winnebago. I will be a winn cust for life. While this probly only cost them 500-1000 dollors its the fact that they cared enough to keep me as a customer to do it. That was probly the smartest 500.00 dollors they have spent because I will be buying another winn in the near future. I would also like to thank camping world in north charleston. They were real pro's and treated me like a customer likes to be treated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's amazing how a little good will goes a long way. Hope other RV manufacturers are reading this.
Explore America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:08 PM   #19
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wagonmaster2:
Wish they could/would fix my air conditioner problem I've had since new. They claimed to have fixed it 2 years ago while in Forest City, but the problem is still there. Any time the outside air temp it around 72 or a little lower and inside temp is 76-78 and air conditioner is needed, the compressors and fan will run for a few minutes, shut off for a few minutes, run for a few minutes, shut off for a few minutes, and this may keep up all afternoon even though the inside temp may never drop below 74-76 while the thermostat is set at 72. If the outside temp is in the upper 70s or in the 80s, the air conditioner works perfect.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I had that problem and the cure was to be sure that no duct outlet was pointed at the thermostat. Stand with your face near the thermostat and be sure you feel no direct stream of air.

Old 06-08-2008, 07:32 PM   #20
Winnebago Master

Thanks John - I'll try that but I don't think that's my problem. The thermostat may read 78 degrees inside temp and be set to 72. When it shuts off after running a few minutes it will still read 78 until it runs and shuts off several times and may eventually be down to 77 or 76, even though its still set to 72. It should run continously until the inside temp drops from 78 down to 72, which it doesn't. That's my real problem.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G