Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #41
Winnebago Owner

Good time to ask my question. we have full body paint and Winnebago states not to run the motorhome through a truck wash (Blue Beacon).

Will a truck wash really mess up the finish? Our Itasca looked great after going through Blue Beacon, but it just had gel coat.
Outbumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:22 AM   #42
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbumn View Post
Good time to ask my question. we have full body paint and Winnebago states not to run the motorhome through a truck wash (Blue Beacon).

Will a truck wash really mess up the finish? Our Itasca looked great after going through Blue Beacon, but it just had gel coat.
The Blue beacon and other truck wash systems are just that, they are high pressure systems designed to wash trucks. Your RV is not a truck and is not built or painted the same. I have the same caution in my manual and another from the paint company that Winnebago uses. They both say that no high pressure system should be used. I know that the full body paint job on my Cambria was not cheap so I'll do my hand washes. It takes a lot longer but it will look good for a long long time.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #43
Winnebago Master

I have used several brands of wax.. The wax, is usually always the same, no matter the brand.. My next wax job will be done with good old turtle wax paste.

It will also be done within the next 2 weeks. (I bought the wax yesterday).
Old 09-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #44
Winnebago Camper

Just wanted to say that my gallon of Wash & Wax All came in the mail the other day. I was anxious to try it out so I did it on my truck. The MH is a big undertaking and I will save that waxing for when I have more time.
But on my truck it looks awesome. Seriously! My truck color is called Lava. It is almost black but it has red sparkles in the paint and with this wax it "pops" in the sunlight.
I did wax a small portion of the MH using the Wash & Wax All just to see how it would look and I am very pleased with it.
Horizonchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:47 AM   #45
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonchase View Post
Just wanted to say that my gallon of Wash & Wax All came in the mail the other day. I was anxious to try it out so I did it on my truck. The MH is a big undertaking and I will save that waxing for when I have more time.
But on my truck it looks awesome. Seriously! My truck color is called Lava. It is almost black but it has red sparkles in the paint and with this wax it "pops" in the sunlight.
I did wax a small portion of the MH using the Wash & Wax All just to see how it would look and I am very pleased with it.
Hi Jim,
I'm glad you like it. I did the same thing when I got mine. I tried it out on my black Mazda and it made the finish look like glass. I think you will really like the results on your RV.
Todd
Demco KarKaddy 460SS
Maddawgs is offline   Reply With Quote