Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-04-2006, 05:32 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

My 2004 Journey came with just about every option that was available as far as I can tell in 2004, with the exception of the washer/dryer combo. It's plumbed and wired for the unit in the bathroom cabinet and since I'm the second owner, it may even have had it in there before the previous owner removed it (not sure, would have to look at the original paperwork again). Anyway, we would like to put one in, just not sure what to go with, or where to get it. I'd hate to spend the money on a set up just to find that it doesn't work very well. Any suggestions
Ron-in-Tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:32 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

My 2004 Journey came with just about every option that was available as far as I can tell in 2004, with the exception of the washer/dryer combo. It's plumbed and wired for the unit in the bathroom cabinet and since I'm the second owner, it may even have had it in there before the previous owner removed it (not sure, would have to look at the original paperwork again). Anyway, we would like to put one in, just not sure what to go with, or where to get it. I'd hate to spend the money on a set up just to find that it doesn't work very well. Any suggestions
Ron-in-Tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:21 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Our Splendid was installed by our dealer but Camping World can do it or if you're feeling strong you can do it. Any dealer can order whatever one you chose as can Camping World.

What ever you decide on be sure and get the pan that goes under the washer since the washer can leak plus when you empty the filter trap there is a good deal of water involved. It is a separate order item.

This will all make sense when you get to the dealer and order.

Enjoy.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:23 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

If you want to buy one we have one we used maybe 3 times. It's a Splendide 2000 we would like to replace it with a standup wine cooler, at least it would get used a lot more.

I'll give you a good price the only issue is we are in Austin, TX right now and more then likely spending the winter on the Gulf.
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

We have a Splendide combo unit and use it regularly. One thing you MUST do is ensure a vent is installed so the dryer is vented (requires a hole in the sidewall with vent installation). The non-vented units do not perform well/take forever to dry clothes.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:22 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

We have the Splendide 2100. It's a bit larger capacity than the Splendide 2000. Neither one is huge but we like ours very much. It does have the metal tray underneath but we've never had any water in it. Still, it is a good idea just in case. I'm sure that Murphy's law would apply if you didn't have one.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:44 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

HERE is a link to the Splendide "Consumer Tips" page, where there are many tips to using one of these "combination" machines,even goes as far as to detail "suggested" loading practices...

After having the Splendide 2000 and the new and larger 2100, I would definitely opt for the 2100..
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:00 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Just wanted to confirm Pastor Paul's comment. The non vented model is slow in drying. The overall performance of the "vented" combo is acceptable.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:12 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I guess it comes down to personal preference, but I didn't see the benefit so we had the one in ours removed before taking delivery(saved the dealer cost). All our friends that have one say they would not do it again. Small capacity and therefore a very time consuming process as compared to doing it at the Laundromat. We never have had a problem finding a place to do the wash and the hundred pounds of weight added sure can be used more efficiently.

2004 CR-V EX
Geechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 04:43 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Save your $$ It takes forever to do one load. You can go to the Laundry and do all you have in the same time it takes to do 2 or 3 shirts or two pair of pants!
It would take a lot of quarters before you would even come close to the cost of a tiny tub washer and dryer. Something like 1,200 loads and that's if everything keeps working, just a total waste of space!
You'll find out people either like them or hate them. Some even use them for keeping their dirty cloths in.
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:04 PM   #11
cwg
Winnebago Camper

Count my wife and I on the "love it" side!! We have had a Splendide in each of the last two Horizons and we would not be without one (with the exception of stacked units if there was room). We find the onerous job of going to the campground laundromat much more distasteful than doing small loads in the comfort of our own rig.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:59 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I had the 2000 model. I took it out and replaced it with a 5 cub. ft. freezer. We get a lot more use out of it.

Oklahoma City, OK
Buddy & Jenna Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:12 AM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

We have a 2006 38T,came with 2100 W/D combo. We remove it because of bad reports and wanted the extra storage. The other problem is the 38t has 2 Gray water tanks one for bath and other for galley . The W/D Drain into the Galley tank which is only 19 Gals, so the use would be impractical. Not one of Winnes better idieas.The unit is For Sale.

2006 38T Adventure
Woodpecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:42 AM   #14

We had a non-vented (condensing) Splendide in our previous 5th wheel. Between the small load size and the time required for washing and drying a load of clothes, we didn't bother moving it over to our current 5th wheel when we took delivery of it. If we decide to go with a washer and dryer down the road, it will be one of the stacked pairs.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:13 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

We have the splendide 2000 and love it!!!!!!!!!!! The only problem we had was all 3 plastic aggitators broke off. I called Splendide and they sent out replacements AND extended our warrenty by one more year! With 3 boys the w/d is a huge convenience!!!!!!

us + 3 active boys + 2 crazy labs + 1 plucky bird
Bob RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:40 AM   #16
Winnebago Watcher

We have the non-vented w/d combo and LOVE it! It does it's work while we golf, shop, or just enjoy life. We agree with cwg, we would rather do our laundry in the comfort of our own rig. My husband has thought about downsizing our rig but we would miss not having the w/d combo.

Yappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

We have the non-vented in our 98/99 35 Suncruiser. Wish we had the vented. Looking to go to the stackable listed in the Camping World catalog.

Mac
CSM Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:06 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

We have the 2000 in our Vectra. Very small loads, takes about 2 hours for a wash/dry cycle. If you do wash every day and are ll hooked up in a campground its okay. I would not order one in a new unit but it was already installed in ours.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:20 PM   #19
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Woodpecker:
We have a 2006 38T,came with 2100 W/D combo. We removed it because of bad reports and wanted the extra storage. The other problem is the 38t has 2 Gray water tanks one for bath and other for galley . The W/D Drain into the Galley tank which is only 19 Gals, so the use would be impractical. Not one of Winnes better ideas.The unit is For Sale. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Terry and Diane, Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first post!!

Good to have you folks come on board and we look forward to reading more of your experiences with the coach.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote