Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2005, 02:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Wife has indicated that we WILL be getting a washer/dryer combo before our next trip. Suggestions, comments, recommendations please. Our '03 Journey is already prepped with plumbing and electricity, I didn't see it but I'd guess that the drain is there too. Assume that I'm ging to have to cut a hole in the side somewhere for a vent.
gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:12 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Wife has indicated that we WILL be getting a washer/dryer combo before our next trip. Suggestions, comments, recommendations please. Our '03 Journey is already prepped with plumbing and electricity, I didn't see it but I'd guess that the drain is there too. Assume that I'm ging to have to cut a hole in the side somewhere for a vent.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:27 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Make sure she understands just how small of a load these units will do and how long it takes to dry a load with only 115 volts. Also, I would not plan to use it unless you have full hook ups.

They are much smaller and slower than the home units you are use to.

Ken
Old 07-22-2005, 06:02 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

My washer/dryer combo in the former MH was a wretched piece of junk. By the time I got rid of it and paid for repairs, I could have had valet service
cheaper.

Hope that wasn't too negative.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:29 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I have had washer/dryers in my past two motorhomes. Used the first one once. Never used the second and finally removed it in favor of a small second fridge. We use campground laundries and carry LOTS of quarters. We also use the soap that comes in little blocks for convenience.

For one or two people the combo unit might offer some advantage and convenience for small loads, but for a family, forget it.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:35 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

We have one in our coach and wouldn't be without it. They do take smaller loads but you can do them at your convenience so it averages out anyway. We now have the Splendide 2100, which is a bit larger than the Splendide 2000. Both are vented.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:05 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I have had 2 w/d's I was not happy with the unvented one. I now have a vented. I love it. Yes it is smaller, but there is just the 2 of us and I can keep everything done up. It has worked great. You do need hookups but then we usually do. There are tricks but once you figure out the best way for you it is great.

jphansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 08:38 PM   #8

.....my splendid is on rollers and I can push it outside and do the wash with a hose/extension chord to the HWH.....drys faster and heat isn't in the trailer.....geofkaye
Old 07-24-2005, 04:53 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I could have pushed mine to the steps, but the roll down the steps would have rendered it useless. How do you push your outside?
Old 07-24-2005, 06:04 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

That was going to be my inquiry also, how do you get it up and down the steps? Down would be fairly easy, back up wouldn't be. A couple of down trips would probably be detrimental to its appearance. Trying to use it while driving might also be interesting.