Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2014, 09:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Satisfied Itasca/Winnebago owners

While following these threads I read about major problems with QC, customer service, and warranty concerns. This in turn gives us all the idea that Winnebago is a terrible company that does not care about the customer, only the almighty dollar. I have started this thread to hear from owners that are happy with their Winnebago/Itasca products and customer service. I have a 2011 Ellipse 42QD that I am extremely happy with. I have great support from my local dealer and when I have had to contact customer service with a question it was answered intelligently and courteously. How about it happy owners, let's hear from you.
dbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

After 6 1/2 years we are still happy.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

10 years and 2 class A's.Winnebago/Itasca's I do think they make a good affordable
product. Yes, I am satisfied.
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Count us among the satisfied customers .... '99 Adventurer and '04 Journey.

I have been to the factory three times for service ... they fixed the problems each time. I have had great responses from Customer Service from several problems that I was fixing DIY.
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:26 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Have had MH for almost 14 yrs and have always been happy with the MH and the company.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:19 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

2001 Adventurer and I am happy. You will hear a good number of complaints due to the fact that there are so many out there. Walk around any campground and just count how many Winnebago's you see compared to any other brand and many times you may see as many Winnebago's/Itasca's as all the other makes combined. Even if they are able to make 99.9% of their customers happy that could still end up leaving a hundred or so unhappy each year.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:14 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I had a used 03 Itasca Suncruiser and loved it. Now I'm sporting a 2014 Itasca Sunstar and love it. I think they make great products and if I were to upgrade again it would also be to a Itasca or Winnebago. I like the way they do things. Most of them just make sense and the overall quality seems a bit higher than a lot of the other models. As with any purchase like this or even a car or better yet that Million dollar home there will be some issues. Just along as they stand behind it and get it fixed right I'm happy.

Yep count me in
Old 04-02-2014, 06:12 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

We had a 2001 Adventurer for over 12 years. In that time we logged over 100,000 miles with very few problems. Last year we traded it in for a 2013 Adventurer. The new one works as well if not better than the previous one and already has over 13,000 miles on it. Again with almost no problems.

As with anything mechanical there's bound to be some problems along the way. The nice thing is that if/when problems do arise they've always been handled promptly by the expert technicians at the Winnebago factory in Forest City IA.

We looked at other brands, but keep coming back to Winnebago for the quality product and expert service they offer. We are more than satisfied and would recommend a Winnebago product to anyone looking for a quality motorhome.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:27 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

On our 3rd Winnebago and would buy another, just hope no time soon
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:48 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

We love our Itasca. We bought it new and since then I've adjusted and or fixed a few minor items that most people could do. Our two previous MH's were from a different company and in comparison the Winnebago product is much better in the quality of construction, design, floor plan, materials, etc and at a reasonable price.

Factory support is fantastic and I had a good purchase experience with the dealer that we bought it from. Actually, the MH has never been back to the dealer because there were no items that I needed a dealer to fix. The only failure on the MH was a gear on a PowerGear slideout arm (not a Winnebago problem) and the arm was replaced at the Winnebago factory at no cost to me.

If I were to upgrade I would get a Journey/Meridian 34Y/34B which has the same exact floorplan as ours but is the diesel version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5523.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	573.3 KB
ID:	59729  
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:41 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

On my second and hopefully last Winnie. Great service for the DIY guy and good parts access for older models. I like a Bago.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:44 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

We have had some problems with the Suncruiser. The basement air went out and we had it "fixed" by the factory at the GNR (Grand National Rally in Forest City Iowa). It turned out the AC was not fixed and we had to have it re done in Michigan. The factory had a warranty on the repairs and refunded the labor and sent a new compressor to the service center where I had the work done. I had the work done at a Workhorse facility and there was no problem with Winnebago with regards to working thru the Workhorse dealer to facilitate the work (at no additional cost to me). I will say that the employees at Winnebago were really great to work with and very conscientious about helping the coach owners. Two years ago the wind caught the awning a week before we were going to the GNR and damaged the paint (full body paint) as well as destroying the awning. We had the work done at the factory (Winnebago) and they did an exceptional job on the replacement of the awning and refinishing of the paint work. The workers at the factory seem to go out of their way to take care of the owners concerns. We (meaning my wife) really loved the floor plan of the Suncruiser 37B and we have not seen anything to want to make us trade it in.
Chocolate lab (Buster)
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:47 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

We have had our 'new to us' 2004 Journey for a year and a half. Still ginning from ear to ear. No problems or need to contact Wbago or dealer to date.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Have had the unit shown below for 1 year now. We got it used so can't say what issues might have been when new, but love the unit, quick response from emails to their customer service center, Freightliners customer service center too. Our reason for buying this unit was the floor plan livability for full timing, we think it can't be beat.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:46 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

I traded a total dog of a 2013 Thor ACE 27.1 for a 2013 Winnebago Vista 27N. Not happy about loosing money on the trade but thrilled with the Vista. I like the handling of the Vista, and the fit and finish. I can't say much about Winnebago's Service because in over 5,000 miles i have had only two minor warranty issues which were taken care of quickly by the dealer.
Finally Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:06 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

I bought my 86 chieftain in 91 and loved it until the 2000 adventurer came out. Bought a 35u and loved it until trading it for a toyhauler. Wasn't happy with other brands so went back to Winnebago. They have made so many of them they can't help but get good at it.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

41 years of trouble free great times in our 1973 Brave and now a 'new to us' 2004 Journey.

Stuff wears out eventually but overall we'd buy another "Bago" in a heartbeat!
Mr Miyagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:23 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

We are also still driving and enjoying our first Winnebago product. We have not been let down at all by any level of Winnebago customer service (even when I asked the proverbial "stupid question" from a Regional WIT Rep). In fact, after moving from a competitor brand, I am quite impressed by the helpfulness and enthusiasm from the Winnebago Team. \ken
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #19
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
41 years of trouble free great times in our 1973 Brave and now a 'new to us' 2004 Journey.

Stuff wears out eventually but overall we'd buy another "Bago" in a heartbeat!
Wow, 41 years on a Brave! Congrats on the Journey!
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:58 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

We started with a 94 Suncruiser 29R, then a 2002 Suncruiser 32V, and now a 2012 Sightseer 33C. When we purchased the Sightseer we had really gone check out a Tiffin Breeze 32. I thought I just had to have a diesel. The more we looked at the tiffin the more we fell out of love with it.The Sightseer just happened to be on the showroom floor and the floor plan of the coach was perfect for us. We had such great luck with our previous Itascas' we decided to stay with Winnebago and have been very happy.
rini2 is offline   Reply With Quote