Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2015, 07:53 AM   #121
Winnebago Owner

The only problems with my Minnie Winnie 22R have been minor, with the "major" one being a stuck roof vent. The hassle I am having happens to do with Camping World. But, even that led me to find that Winnebago itself has a great database on my particular MH and their customer service has been outstanding.

Where CW claims they didn't receive the repair parts from Winnebago, Winnebago told me otherwise and gave me details that I would have never expected.

As others have said, nothing is 100% perfect. Nothing man-made is. But I am happy with my purchase.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:14 PM   #122
Winnebago Owner

My wife and I have been in our 2015 Itasca Suncruiser for about 7 months now full time.

In general we are pretty happy with it. We've had a number of small issues that have been handled quite well under the warranty and one major issue. Schwintek slide.

Come to think of it we are about another minor issue in the darn AV distribution panel but I'm confident the warranty will cover it.

The Schwintek slide (a whole wall slide) was a mess and took quite a while to resolve (parts etc) but so far Camping World and Winnebago have been pretty good about it.

It also appears that Winnebago is stepping up to these schwintek issues and is even servicing out-of-warranty coaches with schwintek problems. Where it is going to end, I couldn't say.

All-in-all we would recommend Winnebago/Itasca.
jrpend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:26 PM   #123
Winnebago Owner

Would you please name your dealer and service Dept. Thanks , sorry if i missed you saying the name.
WV Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #124
Winnebago Owner

First a Winnebago Centauri in 1982. LeSharo 1993, 30w vista, 30t in 2012, 35g sightseer 2015, sun cruiser 38q next week. They just keep getting better.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:05 PM   #125
Winnebago Master

One area Winnebago could improve is to be more reasonable on their requirements for their dealer to get warranty service authorized. According to my nearby dealer I must leave my coach while they get repair approved and start ordering parts, as no mater how obvious it is what is wrong they still have to prove to Winnebago with photos and documentation the problem before Winnebago will agree to send parts and pay labor for the repair. I wanted to show them the problems, take the coach home and come back with the coach when the parts arrived, but no way. This is frustrating.
powercat_ras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:59 PM   #126
Winnie-Wise

Well we have had 3 units in 15 years, big, bigger and not a little one.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:38 PM   #127
Winnebago Master

Man! I like my Bago!
That's all I have to say about that!
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:02 AM   #128
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV Bum View Post
Would you please name your dealer and service Dept. Thanks , sorry if i missed you saying the name.
Me? Camping World Vacaville California.
jrpend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:32 AM   #129
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Man! I like my Bago!
That's all I have to say about that!
Jesse
Hey flatlander! With a QD that is now free of issues, you should be happy. Are your slides happier with your mod installed? If I recall, you did have a few problems when you got your rig. But who doesn't.

Side note. What brand of stove do you have? I just changed out my Amana (pure trouble) for a Atwood. Works great, sort of. I have one defective burner and Atwood is being a bit troublesome about exchanging the burner for a good one. And, the under side of the cooktop is wide open to the drawer below. There is a vent on the back of the cook surface and I can see the drawer content through it. What a dumb design.

I never thought I would see it, but we hit some grades coming back into the camp we are now at when I couldn't get over 35mph. But, the little lady did the job without complaining. We truly love this coach.

Happy trails are a must!

Rick Y
Old 12-04-2015, 01:32 PM   #130
Winnie-Wise

So far, I have only had to replace the batteries and windshield wiper blades and change the oil. I did have to have the factory replace one slideout arm, but that was a PowerGear problem, not Winnebago's. I enjoy tweaking the Ford chassis to see if I can get a bit better handling coach, but that's kind of a hobby with me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150825_131353.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	489.3 KB
ID:	113379  
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:47 AM   #131
Winnebago Watcher

itasca 34Y

We are looking at the Meridian 34Y Any fee. dback would be welcomed.
jbazzell 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:02 PM   #132
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbazzell 45 View Post
Love the floorplan. Basically the same as the Sunova 33C, only the 33C is the gas version. I like the 2009 Meridian/Journey 34Y because of the 350 hp Cummins that it has.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 04:04 PM   #133
Winnebago Owner

I have to say I am a Happy owner of a Winnebago Product and pleased that they stand behind their product either directly or via the dealer. All my issues were taken care with out problem by the dealer and my slide failure and subsequent damages were covered by Winnebago and taken care of the by dealer. I am just disappointed that I had to go through the headaches of these issues to find out the are a stand up company.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 04:09 PM   #134
Site Team

I'm also a very happy owner. I had minor problems on the ouch list and it has performed well since. I plan on upgrading to another Winnebago in a few years.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:31 AM   #135
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2014 Aspect and have been very pleased with it overall. There were some things to work out when we first got it but as everyone has said that's to be expected. We have just this week purchased a 2015 Itasca Ellipse 42HD and look forward to traveling in it with all the space and comforts of home. There are some punch list items to be fixed but you have that in homes and autos too. We've been looking for the past year at other brands and while I kept hearing how great customer service was at one of them I also liked what someone said "I'd rather not have to talk with Bob about a problem." I feel like that too. The other brands were tempting but the Ellipse has the best floor plan for us and I feel Winnebago has some of the most interesting floor plans in the industry. When it came time to purchase another we came back to them. Repeat customers speak volumes I think.
tb919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:27 AM   #136
Winnebago Master

Our current Horizon is our 3rd Winnebago product. We have been happy with all of our Winnebago products and would purchase another if the want draws us to another.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:49 PM   #137
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
Have had the unit shown below for 1 year now. We got it used so can't say what issues might have been when new, but love the unit, quick response from emails to their customer service center, Freightliners customer service center too. Our reason for buying this unit was the floor plan livability for full timing, we think it can't be beat.
If you notice, many of the previous posts are from owners of earlier models. For those wanting to stay with the Itasca brand name I am afraid that is not possible. Winnebago retired it. Now all of the models are under the Winnebago logo.

For folks with the pre '07 models (I think I remember the year correctly) you have a great advantage over us with the post RV industry crash. Winnebago made the financial decision to eliminate the DC schematics for all RVs since then. If you need a detailed breakout of your DC coach systems you are not out of luck. I have inquired for these in many different ways and the answer is always "unavailable". I have a DC problem now that I would like to tackle but I have no idea where to start or what is connected to what.

With that said, quality control issues were a common complaint for many years. If you had cosmetic problems you could eventually get them covered if you were persistent. Most mechanical issues were solvable but not always corrected in a timely manner. Once you got beyond the new buyers punch list things would, more often that not, open up to many happy trails.

We bought our coach used. The cosmetic QC issues that came with the coach were never addressed by the original owners. We simply live with them. We have had a few minor problems, but overall we love this coach. I hope we can keep it for as long as we are doing what we do.

We are heading to the GNR this year. Our first. We have one problem to have repaired while there. I am hopping it is a simple fix. The shoe that the drivers side front slide moves over the floor on is broken at both ends. The floor is getting damaged. I hope all we need is for that part to be replaced and some minor adjustment to prevent this from happening again. I am not one of you folks that has a great dealer I can trust. I have had bad problems with dealers and I now avoid them. Forest City is the only place I will have my coach worked on for the RV problems I can't handle.

When we head out to the GNR we will be taking a route that brings over the Teton Pass. This 10% grade at 9000'+ is not a problem for this coach. We will enjoy the ride and all of the conveniences we have on board at each of our many stops on the 1900- mile adventure. Over all, this is a very comfortable, functional and reliable coach.

Happy trails,

Rick Y
Old 03-01-2016, 06:11 AM   #138
Winnebago Owner

This thread is 10 pages long and this may have been mentioned. If not here it is.

Back in May of 2013 we visited the factory and ordered our 2014 WBGO Vista. At that time it was already well known and reinforced by those that we spoke to. The ITASCA line and WBGO lines are IDENTICAL IN EVERY RESPECT EXCEPT for the choices of the interior or exterior colors of cabinets, siding, wall coverings, leatherette material and flooring etc.

Customers ordering did have the option of changing between the two lines. We wanted a darker leatherette material and did change the leatherette material in the coach. We had to pay a deviation fee.

While the Itasca line may have been dropped for financial reasons the only things lost are color choices and the name. If it helps with the companies bottom line in my mind not a big deal.

TeJay
Old 03-01-2016, 07:15 AM   #139
Winnebago Master

From what I've read Winnebago is dropping the Itasca brand name, but will still offer all the models in that line under the Winnebago name. In essence both the Adventurer and the Suncruiser will still be available as will all other models from both brands.

As TeJay mentioned since at least 2013 the Winnebago and Itasca models have been identical except for the badging, and interior and exterior color schemes.

When we were looking to order a 2013 motorhome to replace our 2001 Adventurer we looked at both the Suncruiser and Adventurer. At the time we couldn't tell much difference between the two so we called the factory and asked for a list of the differences. The list revealed that for 2013 there were 16 differences between the Itasca Suncruiser and the Winnebago Adventurer. All 16 were either badging, fabrics, or interior and exterior color schemes.

The systems (furnace, AC, generator, lighting, etc.) , appliances, entertainment system components, flooring, furniture, and all other amenities were identical.

Since there seems to be a large number of each model sold I doubt that Winnebago will eliminate the choices currently available.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #140
Former Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbazzell 45 View Post
Last May we traded our 2002 Horizon 32TD in for a 2011 Meridian 34Y. Put about 7500 miles on the coach last year. Love the floor plan, plenty of storage, with 3 slides it has lots of interior room, easy to drive, 340 HP engine cruises well. We have averaged about 9.2 mpg so pretty pleased with that. Downside is a good deal of wind noise from the driver's side window area and have had problems with windshield wipers - they're pretty useless at freeway speeds.

If you like the floorplan and the coach is in your budget I think it is a good choice.
NMBluept is offline   Reply With Quote