Old 02-07-2019, 01:09 PM   #41
Winnebago Owner

For us, LPG over charcoal is a non-brainer. I like that I can turn it on and be cooking in minutes. If something comes up that we decide to delay dinner, I can turn it off, and then back on when we are once again ready to cook/eat. There is no ash cleanup. I can cook as long or short as I want/need.

Absolutely love my Blackstone Tailgater. This past weekend, I started with bacon, sausage, and eggs on the griddle (full pound of bacon at one time!) for breakfast. Lunch was grilled turkey/roast beef, ortega chile, and melted brie sandwiches, also on the griddle. Dinner saw 5 1 1/4" thick ribeye steaks and 1/2 lb of pollo asada cooked to perfection on the grille. Next morning was chorizo tacos from the griddle, followed by breaded raviolis on the griddle for lunchtime snacks. Only thing I haven't used (yet) is the open burner (either the griddle, the grille, or both can be lifted off), but I'm sure that will come soon.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:00 AM   #42
Winnebago Camper

Sponsored by Lipitor?
gkooris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 05:58 PM   #43
Winnebago Owner

After reading this entire post I went with the 22" Blackstone table top griddle. Seeing how different folks deal with this was very informative. Getting the griddle is somewhat of a compromise for starters. I'll probably add a Webber grill at some time. Now if I can find the perfect pizza oven that will fit in storage. LOL.
Old 01-08-2020, 08:55 AM   #44
Winnebago Watcher

We love our Blackstone Combo Grill and Griddle. We use it to cook on almost every day instead of the stove in our RV. It's great to be able to grill meat while we use the griddle to cook veggies or potatoes. We've even pulled the grill to use the open burner for boiling. We bought a set of bags for it and it folds up small enough to store on one of the ledges under our RV. I wouldn't want to me dragging it in and out everyday but it is reasonably small enough where I can carry it all together in the bags. My wife would probably have to make two trips!
dawnandscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:52 AM   #45
Winnebago Owner

I almost went for the combo too, but decided on the smaller platform due to storage space. The weight was a concern too. I guess I'm just out of shape and getting into an awkward position with the combo grill/griddle while storing wasn't something I'd look forward to.

I'm going to season this thing today and try it out tomorrow. Can't wait.

Tags
propane