Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-07-2019, 12:09 PM   #41
Winnebago Owner

For us, LPG over charcoal is a non-brainer. I like that I can turn it on and be cooking in minutes. If something comes up that we decide to delay dinner, I can turn it off, and then back on when we are once again ready to cook/eat. There is no ash cleanup. I can cook as long or short as I want/need.

Absolutely love my Blackstone Tailgater. This past weekend, I started with bacon, sausage, and eggs on the griddle (full pound of bacon at one time!) for breakfast. Lunch was grilled turkey/roast beef, ortega chile, and melted brie sandwiches, also on the griddle. Dinner saw 5 1 1/4" thick ribeye steaks and 1/2 lb of pollo asada cooked to perfection on the grille. Next morning was chorizo tacos from the griddle, followed by breaded raviolis on the griddle for lunchtime snacks. Only thing I haven't used (yet) is the open burner (either the griddle, the grille, or both can be lifted off), but I'm sure that will come soon.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:00 AM   #42
Winnebago Camper

Sponsored by Lipitor?
gkooris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:58 PM   #43
Winnebago Owner

After reading this entire post I went with the 22" Blackstone table top griddle. Seeing how different folks deal with this was very informative. Getting the griddle is somewhat of a compromise for starters. I'll probably add a Webber grill at some time. Now if I can find the perfect pizza oven that will fit in storage. LOL.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:55 AM   #44
Winnebago Camper

We love our Blackstone Combo Grill and Griddle. We use it to cook on almost every day instead of the stove in our RV. It's great to be able to grill meat while we use the griddle to cook veggies or potatoes. We've even pulled the grill to use the open burner for boiling. We bought a set of bags for it and it folds up small enough to store on one of the ledges under our RV. I wouldn't want to me dragging it in and out everyday but it is reasonably small enough where I can carry it all together in the bags. My wife would probably have to make two trips!
dawnandscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:52 AM   #45
Winnebago Owner

I almost went for the combo too, but decided on the smaller platform due to storage space. The weight was a concern too. I guess I'm just out of shape and getting into an awkward position with the combo grill/griddle while storing wasn't something I'd look forward to.

I'm going to season this thing today and try it out tomorrow. Can't wait.
Old 08-18-2020, 09:32 AM   #46
2106 DS Micro Minnie

My 2106DS has a gas line running from the 20# tank down the side of the trailer and it has a quick connect. I bought a quick connect hose with a fitting on the other end that is just like that of a 1# bottle so I could hook up to the grill. The problem I had with my old grill is it has a regulator. The 20# tank has a regulator as well, so now there are two regulators between the tank and my grill and it doesn't work. My question is does the Blackstone have a regulator on it? Will it work if I hook to my quick connect hose?
stoney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:37 AM   #47
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney1 View Post
The problem I had with my old grill is it has a regulator.
I don't know the answer to your question about the Blackstone. But, most grilss with an external regulator can easily be converted to remove the regulator and connect your propane hose from the quick connect to your grill.

Also, the Camco Olympic 5500 grill comes without a regulator and even includes provisions for hanging the grill from the side of your RV and supplies a short propane hose for connecting to the quick connect.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-57305-O.../dp/B0014JN68O
Old 08-18-2020, 09:55 AM   #48
2106 DS Micro Minnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
I don't know the answer to your question about the Blackstone. But, most grilss with an external regulator can easily be converted to remove the regulator and connect your propane hose from the quick connect to your grill.

Also, the Camco Olympic 5500 grill comes without a regulator and even includes provisions for hanging the grill from the side of your RV and supplies a short propane hose for connecting to the quick connect.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-57305-O.../dp/B0014JN68O
Thanks creativepart, looks like Weber has solved the problem I wonder is Blackstone has. My wife is pushing for the Blackstone griddle.
stoney1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:58 AM   #49
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks creativepart, looks like Weber has solved the problem I wonder is Blackstone has. My wife is pushing for the Blackstone griddle.
Of course this has been solved. Same company sells the kit for the Blackstone:

Old 08-23-2020, 01:29 PM   #50
Winnie-Wise

I bought this Camp Chef 2 burner stove, and connect it with a quick-connect hose. I also got a 20" x 10" grill/griddle that sits very neatly on top of it. I haven't really had an opportunity to try it out yet, I need to see how hot it gets under to stove.
Old 08-23-2020, 04:23 PM   #51
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Pizza Oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsail View Post
After reading this entire post I went with the 22" Blackstone table top griddle. Seeing how different folks deal with this was very informative. Getting the griddle is somewhat of a compromise for starters. I'll probably add a Webber grill at some time. Now if I can find the perfect pizza oven that will fit in storage. LOL.
Problem solved. As an ex-chef, we carry a propane grill (which I hate so I’ll be replacing it)—Cuisinart.

A small Weber charcoal grill for when open fires are allowed, and our Pizza oven, by Gozney. This thing is the bomb. It can use wood chips or propane, and it’s not just for pizza, it can bake or sear a steak—anything in minutes. Gets up to 900+ degrees, and cooks a raw pizza in one minute—no kidding. Weighs 40#, and is cool to the touch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7E2AF69A-F9C5-458F-A5DE-7004CE5AE9B9.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	174739  
Old 08-27-2020, 12:03 PM   #52
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
My 2106DS has a gas line running from the 20# tank down the side of the trailer and it has a quick connect. I bought a quick connect hose with a fitting on the other end that is just like that of a 1# bottle so I could hook up to the grill. The problem I had with my old grill is it has a regulator. The 20# tank has a regulator as well, so now there are two regulators between the tank and my grill and it doesn't work. My question is does the Blackstone have a regulator on it? Will it work if I hook to my quick connect hose?
The Blackstone does have a regulator on it. My husband said that it is the typical screw on that connects right to the tank/bottle, so it may not connect to the quick connect without an adapter
dawnandscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:37 PM   #53
Winnebago Owner

Coming to hardsides from tent camping out of a Miata and pulling a motorcycle-weight pop-up behind a Mustang GT convertible, we've been working hard to maintain the "keep it simple, keep it light" ethos we developed during those travels. That said, we've succumbed to the pleasures of a Blackstone.

We bought the Tailgater combo so we have two burners, the 17" griddle and a17-ish" grill box. With the hose connecting it to the quick disconnect fitting on the side of our 1706FB, it's everything we've found we need to cook outside, which is where we hope to continue cooking as much as possible during our travels.

I did find the need to make a modification to the leg extensions, however. Drilled and tapped a 6mm hole in the extensions so the bolt which holds the legs extended would have a threaded hole to grip into instead of hoping that pinching the extension with the bolt would keep things upright. The last thing the camp cook needs is to have a leg or two collapse while using a hot cast-iron griddle.

Tags
propane