Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2016, 11:43 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Oven & Rear TV

Two questions on our 2012 Vista 30T. First we had a new oven/range installed by the selling dealer as part of the deal we made. From the outset the oven pilot wouldn't stay lit. I contacted the dealer as we were on the road and they suggested cleaning the thermocouple. I did and it lit. Didn't use it for a few months and now same problem. I cleaned it and it worked for a while. The last time it shut down during baking when the burner cycled off. Cleaning didn't seem to help. Seems like a bad thermocouple or possibly the gas valve. Any thoughts anyone. We dry camp a lot so use frequently which is why we wanted it installed. It is an Attwood Wedgewood Vision range/oven.

Second is our rear tv connections. As best I can tell the Winnebago drawings only show a coax connection to the back from the antenna and no RCA plugs. The coach was also prewired for a satellite dish so there is a connection from the roof mounted dish. There are also two sets of three plug RCA connections on the wall also. Not sure what those are for. We have the buffet options so the front TV is side mounted above the buffet. The coach did not come with a rear TV so we have purchased one. There is a shelf above the window which is where the antenna coax connection and one set of RCA plugs is located. Below that next to the window is the dish connection and another set of RCA plugs. We do not have a central control box-at least none that is visable that would allow switching TV's. The rear tv works off the antenna but am sure we will need a rear receiver for the satellite. The RCA connections are another mystery. Thanks
Old 01-04-2016, 12:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
regarding the oven...if the RV hasn't been used in several months there may be air in the line. light one or more of the stove burners and let them burn for a minute or so and then see if the oven pilot will stay lit.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:53 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

jazzerjump, on the oven have you checked the propane pressure, should be 11.0 inches of water column at the range top.
On the rear TV I would say the composite video cable plates are to carry the video and audio from a satellite receiver on the lower shelf up to the TV on the upper shelf.
Are the cables up front component video (red,blue,green plus red and white) or composite video (red, white and yellow)?
The drawings show a component cable for a satellite receiver and a composite cable that connects to the dash DVD player.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:43 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thanks all. Thought I responded twice now but dont see any of them-will try again.
Winnebago called me on rear tv and grant was right, as he usually is, and the rca plugs in back are for connecting the rear receiver to the tv.
On the oven I traced the tc to the oven control and found that connection less than finger tight. Removed cleaned and reasemmbled and snugged up more. Pilot light and stayed on. Havent used oven yet but have my fingers crossed.
jazzerjump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:07 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Looks like you have a good understanding of the oven. I agree the T-Stat is more likely the issue but you might see if there is an adjustment for "Flame Height" on the Pilot. This will normally be built into the T-Stat.

On the TV.. Yes, that's how they do it, Single coax.. Generally no other feed.. SOME of the top end motor homes now have HDMI as well but only some. Most just have coax.. Sorry. and cheap coax at that.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:50 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzerjump View Post
Two questions on our 2012 Vista 30T. First we had a new oven/range installed by the selling dealer as part of the deal we made. From the outset the oven pilot wouldn't stay lit. I contacted the dealer as we were on the road and they suggested cleaning the thermocouple. I did and it lit. Didn't use it for a few months and now same problem. I cleaned it and it worked for a while. The last time it shut down during baking when the burner cycled off. Cleaning didn't seem to help. Seems like a bad thermocouple or possibly the gas valve. Any thoughts anyone. We dry camp a lot so use frequently which is why we wanted it installed. It is an Attwood Wedgewood Vision range/oven.

Second is our rear tv connections. As best I can tell the Winnebago drawings only show a coax connection to the back from the antenna and no RCA plugs. The coach was also prewired for a satellite dish so there is a connection from the roof mounted dish. There are also two sets of three plug RCA connections on the wall also. Not sure what those are for. We have the buffet options so the front TV is side mounted above the buffet. The coach did not come with a rear TV so we have purchased one. There is a shelf above the window which is where the antenna coax connection and one set of RCA plugs is located. Below that next to the window is the dish connection and another set of RCA plugs. We do not have a central control box-at least none that is visable that would allow switching TV's. The rear tv works off the antenna but am sure we will need a rear receiver for the satellite. The RCA connections are another mystery. Thanks
The last sentence of your first paragraph pretty well describes the problem. The oven in my new 2015 DP is an Atwood and after having 4 other RVs with popular name brand ovens in them this Atwood is a real POS. Pardon my French. Mine has been worked on twice by the selling dealer and the ignitor still doesn't work for the 3 range burners, the pilot light won't stay lit about 1/2 the time, and the front burner came lose from the top panel and burned the paint off in a spot on the top panel. Not sure what I'm going to be able to get the factory warranty to take care of.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:46 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Grant I have both the component and rca jacks in the overhead but dont have a dash dvd player. I have used the component plugs for a separate dvd player. Guess I need another receiver for rear sattelite.
Wagonmaster2 sorry about the range/oven problems you are having. I have my fingers crossed on the tcouple tightening working as having to clean everytime you want to light the pilot is a pain. Will look into adjusting the pilot through the tstat
Dont see any other way
jazzerjump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:55 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Cooked a roast the other night and the oven worked fine for the two hours it took to cook. Hopefully the loose connection was the problem-time will see but we are happy for now.
Now if I could find a way to quite down the generator the DW would be happier yet. It is quitter outside than in for sure. had the same Onan 4000 in our 04 Sightseer and it definitely seemed quitter than this one and in the same location-the left rear of coach. Am guessing the rear slide on that side may have something to do with it. Will look to find a way to add some insulation or something and check mounting of generator as you can feel the floor vibrating at rer of coach.